Geofencing not working....still

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Abas
Tutor
Tutor

First off, why is it that I should have to pay Arlo to get support for a problem that is clearly theirs and needs to be rectified?

And my main issue, just like a lot of other people in the last few months is why doesn't geofencing work? I have been through all the checks that no one at Arlo has bothered to improve on for months / years and it still doesn't work. I was 40 kilometres away from my home base in the last few days and the Arlo system didn't realise it, until I opened the app and went to the geofencing page, then it suddenly works.

What a joke. I'm glad I no longer pay a subscription (even though I got this last subscription for free because of Arlos last stuff up).

Why can't you get this right Arlo? Why can't you employ people who firstly don't break things and secondly, when an error is made (because it happens), it's fixed promptly?

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

All arlo does is reset the geofencing by selecting disable mode then select geofencing again to say that it has been fixed. 

Murphy5156
Initiate
Initiate

So, I have geofencing on my iPhone 14 Pro Max to turn the camera ON when everbody leaves, and turn the camera OFF (Standby) when anyone arrives.

The status will change when anyone ARRIVES, but nothing happens when everyone LEAVES.  It's like the geofencing/automation is only working in one direction.  Seems like the geofencing functionality hasn't worked right since Arlo moved to the new app.

I doubt there's a fix other than "Arlo is aware of the issue and it will be fixed in a future software update" but just wanted to share to see if anyone else had the same issue.

Mark3187
Initiate
Initiate

Hate to say this but you just have to suck it up they’re not going to do anything about it.

This has been a constant issue for years now, it works then it stops, they fix it then it stops.

Arlo don’t care, I refuse to subscribe and at some point will move away to another system, until then all you can do is warn others not to buy Arlo!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Mark3187 ,

I would tend to agree, we have been waiting for a app fix for the last six months to solve the two week recurring failure, arlo says that they will fix it after every app update is released to string us customers along. They know what the cause is but they also know that if they fix it then there is no reason to upgrade to new equipment.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation