Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing not working after I upgraded to my smartphone 12. How to get app recognize my new phone?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nancy100
Aspirant
Aspirant

My geofencing was working just fine until I upgraded to my Smartphone 12.

Anyone tell me what I can do to get Arlo to recognize my new phone?  It's very annoying as we are constantly getting ourselves on camera!

Thanks so much. Nancy100

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Nancy100,

If you're having problems with your Geofencing not working properly, try looking at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take to improve performance for Geofencing: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Nancy100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras with the Ultra 2 which were working perfectly with my old cellphone.  I have the App downloaded on my new iPhone 12 and there seems to be some issues.  I was finally successful over the weekend in figuring out how to switch my notifications to my new iPhone (yay!) however, even though I received ALL notifications of my husband milling about the house while I was away from the home, Arlo did not record or show ALL of the notifications in my Library.  It recorded and showed me only the 2 videos from the front door.  So it remains a mystery as to why it is not full functioning.

Also, for some reason, the Patio Door camera is under a "3 month trial" which should NOT be.  I had to reload it once to the smart base because it had lost function, but I am a subscriber of the service since January 2021 for ALL four cameras.  Please look into this.

Thank you.  Frustrated that we simply cannot contact you via a live chat or person.

Nancy Tabet

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation