Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

GPS Disarm for Single Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DAC511
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have many cameras on my hub, and live in an area with almost constant... And quite direct... Wildlife interactions. I would use the GPS Disarm feature, except it disarms ALL cameras, and I would like to still have the motion and animal alerts on when I'm on my porch (a heads up for a bear, mountain lion, skunk, or a dozen deer is nice).

Is it possible to have certain cameras disarm based on GPS location, while keeping the others armed and actively sending notifications?  

I don't want to turn off people detection entirely on my porch camera as there's an exterior door there... 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DAC511 wrote:

Is it possible to have certain cameras disarm based on GPS location, while keeping the others armed and actively sending notifications?  

Yes.

Though the details depend on whether your app is showing "Library" as a menu choice, or whether it is showing the newer "Feed" and "Dashboard" choices.  Please post back with that info.

DAC511
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app main tabs are Devices, Library, Mode.

Would I need a newer hub? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DAC511 wrote:

Would I need a newer hub? 

No.

@DAC511 wrote:

My app main tabs are Devices, Library, Mode.

With "Library":

1. Create a custom mode for the base that includes a rule for every camera EXCEPT the one you want to disarm.  That will disarm that camera whenever the custom mode is enabled.
  2. Set "Home" in geofencing to that custom mode.

These articles might be useful:

DAC511
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help Stephen!

I'm trying to setup a custom mode but am a little confused by the "If the following.... Then do the following", as I'd want the "if the following:" part to be geofencing... and the "then do the following" to be the camera rules you already explained.

It seems I can only set the 'if the following:" part to be a single camera detection setting?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DAC511 wrote:

I'm trying to setup a custom mode but am a little confused by the "If the following.... Then do the following", as I'd want the "if the following:" part to be geofencing... and the "then do the following" to be the camera rules you already explained.

Actually you don't, so ignore geofencing when you create this mode.  What you want is a mode that includes rules for all the cameras you want armed when you are home. That might just be the wildlife camera(s).   Let's call it "wildlife" for simplicity.  All other cameras not in the mode will be disarmed whenever you use that mode.  

After you test this mode, then change the geofencing setting to use "wildlife" for the "home" mode.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation