Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dual locations with 20 cameras set up with new SmartHub. Best way to minimize pain?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IllinoisPete
Tutor
Tutor

Purchased new Ultra 2 Cameras and currently on original Base Station. I have a new Smart Hub that supports Ultra 2 cameras. My current configuration is  dual locations with  many(20) camera set up. What is the best way to minimize pain to upgrade to the new hub and keeping all current camera's?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IllinoisPete wrote:

In the end I want to transition all my existing cameras to the single smart hub per home and just want a clean transition procedure that minimizes redoing too much!

Well, you can still start with the new cameras in the new smarthub, and make sure it's all working ok.

Then remove your existing cameras, and add them back on the new hub.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IllinoisPete wrote:

Purchased new Ulta 2 Cameras and currently on original Base Station. I have a new Smart Hub that supports Ultra 2 cameras. My current configuration is  dual locations with  many(20) camera set up. What is the best way to minimize pain to upgrade to the new hub and keeping all current camera's?

The simplest thing is to put the two Ultras on the smarthub, and leave everything else alone.

Though if you can put the two bases in different spots, then you can potentially get better signal/coverage.  I have one base in the front of my house, and a second one in the back.  That does require ethernet in both locations.

IllinoisPete
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion but that multiple hub/base station per home is not the solution I want. ...I have more than two ultra 2 cameras to add. I do not want to have multiple hubs when that is just not necessary.  I have two separate homes on the same account and you cannot just keep adding hubs. In the end I want to transition all my existing cameras to the single smart hub per home and just want a clean transition procedure that minimizes redoing too much!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IllinoisPete wrote:

In the end I want to transition all my existing cameras to the single smart hub per home and just want a clean transition procedure that minimizes redoing too much!

Well, you can still start with the new cameras in the new smarthub, and make sure it's all working ok.

Then remove your existing cameras, and add them back on the new hub.

IllinoisPete
Tutor
Tutor

that is basically what I did ...all was just fine!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation