Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Michael20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

My arlo hub is continously maybe disconnecting?

My camera (ultra 2) randomly stops recording, but still gives updates about movings, and when i go to history, nothing is stored in the app.

My hub is connected directly to the router.

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michael20 wrote:

My camera (ultra 2) randomly stops recording, but still gives updates about movings, and when i go to history, nothing is stored in the app.

This is intermittent???

Does it resume recording on it's own, or are you taking some action (restarting the hub, removing/reinserting the camera battery, etc)?

Michael20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen

thanks for your reply, i have to restart the hub every time.

yes, its intermittent, and today i discovered it had not filmed since sunday.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michael20 wrote:

thanks for your reply, i have to restart the hub every time.

Can you livestream the cameras after you notice the problem (but before you restart the hub)?

Michael20
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, i can’t livestream until i restart the hub 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michael20 wrote:

No, i can’t livestream until i restart the hub 

Do you only have the one camera? 

If you have more than one, can you livestream the others?

If not, have you tried removing/reinserting the camera battery (leaving the hub alone)??? 

Michael20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 cameras but the other cam is currently too far away from the hub to have connection(that’s another problem 😵💫)

I haven’t tried taking the battery out yet, do you think its the camera playing tricks?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michael20 wrote:

I have 2 cameras but the other cam is currently too far away from the hub to have connection(that’s another problem 😵💫)

I haven’t tried taking the battery out yet, do you think its the camera playing tricks?

Well, it's either the hub or the camera. 

If you can bring the 2nd camera inside for a test (ideally around 10 feet from the base station), then you could see if you can livestream the second camera when the first becomes non-responsive.

jessBu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue. I have 2 Ultras and floodlight camera. It started over 2 weeks ago where the camera wouldn't capture video but yet send notifications. You can see the orange icon indicate sound is being picked up or motion within the app looking at Device tab but no video. If you click live it says Connecting but never connects for the 2 Ultras. I took the batteries out and checked for firmware and resync they lasted 1 day before going back to same pattern. I even checked on Android since my normal is iPhone and the app gets glitch. Still nothing. Paging for subscription and can't check videos. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

jessBu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, 1 camera is still actively behaving this way. The other was reset again and has maintained normal function the past week. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation