Do the old Arlo standalone lights with lightbridge work with the Ultra 2

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do the old Arlo standalone lights with lightbridge work with the Ultra 2. My phone App shows the light hardware as ABB1000r1.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

One last question. You were asking me about the new UI. I thought when new software came out it was pretty much forced upon us with a update from the Google Play store. So do we have an option to continue using the old app or is the new one still in beta testing?

The new UI is not in beta (but probably should be).  

The current version of the app supports both the old ("Library") and the new ("Feed") UI.  Existing accounts using "Library" remain on "Library" unless the user does something to trigger the migration to "Feed".  Eventually Arlo will switch everyone over to "Feed", but they have not said when that will happen.

If you add a Pro 5s camera or a home security system to your account, then it will be automatically migrated to "Feed".  Not sure, but adding the Essential Gen 2 cameras might also trigger migration.

If you share the cameras with a newly created account, then the new account will also be set to "Feed".  In that case the primary account needs to be manually migrated to "Feed".  You do this by starting to add a Pro 5s camera (whether you have one or not).  Either way, the workflow will trigger the migration.

Once you are on "Feed", you cannot migrate back to "Library".

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What arlo app UI do you have?

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure I understand the question but I am running the App on a Samsung Galaxy S23. The latest version of the Arlo App is 4.10.5_28616

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the question

Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard' at the bottom of the app screen?

Or do you see "Library" instead?

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see Library.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

I see Library.

Ok - that is the older user interface.  The new one is "Feed".  The app supports both, so the version of the app isn't useful.  

The lights should work as they always have with the older interface, but I think there are issues with the new one.

What problems are you having?

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

No problems. I'm in the process of shopping for a replacement for my current Arlo Pro 2 setup. I have 5 cameras and two standalone lights and I'm trying to decide if I should switch to something like a Swann system or stick with Arlo. I'm just weighing the Pros and Cons.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

No problems. I'm in the process of shopping for a replacement for my current Arlo Pro 2 setup. I have 5 cameras and two standalone lights and I'm trying to decide if I should switch to something like a Swann system or stick with Arlo. I'm just weighing the Pros and Cons.

Got it.

New cameras will require an Arlo Secure subscription to get the features you get now with the Pro 2.

Not sure on the lights - they are scheduled for EoL on 1 Jan 2025.  Some users have reported some issues with the new "Feed" interface, but I don't recall if they've been addressed or not.

FWIW, I do have one of the lights, but it just automatically turns on when I drive into the garage.  I haven't tried triggering recordings, etc for some years now.

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all the info. It was very helpful. I'm leaning towards the Ultra 2 but from what I'm reading on this board, I should lower my 4K quality expectations from the Ultra 2. That's one of my last hold-ups. At first I was angry about requirement for the subscription plan for the Ultra 2 when I realized I'd have to get it for the Ultra 2 to be of any real use to me. I'm finding out that for what I want, I'll have to get a subscription with any system I pick anyway. One last question. You were asking me about the new UI. I thought when new software came out it was pretty much forced upon us with a update from the Google Play store. So do we have an option to continue using the old app or is the new one still in beta testing?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

One last question. You were asking me about the new UI. I thought when new software came out it was pretty much forced upon us with a update from the Google Play store. So do we have an option to continue using the old app or is the new one still in beta testing?

The new UI is not in beta (but probably should be).  

The current version of the app supports both the old ("Library") and the new ("Feed") UI.  Existing accounts using "Library" remain on "Library" unless the user does something to trigger the migration to "Feed".  Eventually Arlo will switch everyone over to "Feed", but they have not said when that will happen.

If you add a Pro 5s camera or a home security system to your account, then it will be automatically migrated to "Feed".  Not sure, but adding the Essential Gen 2 cameras might also trigger migration.

If you share the cameras with a newly created account, then the new account will also be set to "Feed".  In that case the primary account needs to be manually migrated to "Feed".  You do this by starting to add a Pro 5s camera (whether you have one or not).  Either way, the workflow will trigger the migration.

Once you are on "Feed", you cannot migrate back to "Library".

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Such good to know information. Thank you so much.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation