Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BeccaSO
Tutor
Tutor

My husband has an admin arlo account. He added me as an authorized user with access to all the cameras. I have tried to set up my account and access the cameras multiple times, from both my phone and a computer, and I am not able to see any of the cameras and they aren’t “found” when searched. I am on the same Wi-Fi network as the cameras and base stations. Why can’t I connect and see the cameras? 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BeccaSO wrote:

My husband has an admin arlo account. He added me as an authorized user with access to all the cameras. 

Did you click on "create account" in the invitation on a PC?  That opens my.arlo.com in your browser.  Just log in at that point if you already have an account.

If you've done this: Does his account show that you accepted the invitation?

@BeccaSO wrote:

I am not able to see any of the cameras and they aren’t “found” when searched. I am on the same Wi-Fi network as the cameras and base stations. Why can’t I connect and see the cameras? 

You don't (actually can't) add the cameras to your account.  When they are shared, they will show up without that.

One other set of questions:

• are you seeing "Feed" in the main app screen?  Or are you seeing "Library"?
  • Is your husband seeing the same menu you see?

BeccaSO
Tutor
Tutor

The invitation shows that I accepted. 

I see feed on my app menu but my husband’s app menu looks significantly different than mine. Should we have different views if we are under the same account subscription? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BeccaSO wrote:

I see feed on my app menu but my husband’s app menu looks significantly different than mine. Should we have different views if we are under the same account subscription? 

That's the problem.

Arlo is slowly rolling out the "Feed" user interface, but the "Library" user interface is still the dominant one.  It turns out there is a bug with the "friend" camera sharing - both accounts need to be on the same interface for the sharing to work.

It's not possible to migrate from Feed to Library,  so your husband will need to migrate from Library to Feed.  The workaround to accomplish that is go into "add device" in his account and then start to add a Pro 5s camera or a home security system.  That of course will fail, since you don't own those devices.  But it will result in migrating to Feed. 

Then you should see the cameras - though you will see two "home" locations in your account, and you need to select the correct one.  I think you can rename the locations to make that simpler. 

Note there are issues with Feed - some bugs, and some missing features that will hopefully be added.  Since you can't migrate back to Library, if you run into those issues you will have to live with those issues until Arlo fixes then.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation