Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I use Pro 3 with VMB4000?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello, i currently have an arlo pro 3 and 2 arlo pro 2 1080p cameras with the basestation that came with the arlo pro 2, if i was to buy 2 arlo ultra 2 cameras with the basestation that comes with it, can i also use the arlo pro 3 connected to the same basestation and then i can sell the old one and the cameras do you think they will screw into the same brackets then the 1080p ones where in? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@colin1892 wrote:

i currently have an arlo pro 3 and 2 arlo pro 2 1080p cameras with the basestation that came with the arlo pro 2, if i was to buy 2 arlo ultra 2 cameras with the basestation that comes with it, can i also use the arlo pro 3 connected to the same basestation and then i can sell the old one 

The smarthubs (both the VMB5000 and the VMB4500) will support your existing cameras.

So you can move them over to the new base and sell the old one. If you do, make sure you remove the base from your account.

Though you might get better performance if you just use both bases.  There is a limit on how many streams a base station can handle simultaneously (I think it's 5).  

Note that you'll be able to take advantage of the free 7-day cloud recording on the Pro 2s either way.  As you likely already know, you'll need a paid subscription for the Ultras to get cloud recording (same as the Pro 3s).

@colin1892 wrote:

the cameras do you think they will screw into the same brackets then the 1080p ones where in? 

The Ultras use the same magnetic mounts as the Pro 3s, so they aren't compatible with the Pro 2 magnetic mount.

But the screw threads are standard, so almost any screw mount is compatible with all Arlo cameras. 

colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice

many thanks for taking the time to reply Stephen, can i just confirm just to be sure that ultra 2 4k will work with my old basestation, (the one that came with my arlo pro 2 basestation) sorry if i sound confused

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@colin1892 wrote:

can i just confirm just to be sure that ultra 2 4k will work with my old basestation, (the one that came with my arlo pro 2 basestation) 

Your earlier post said that you wanted to sell the old base, not the new one.

Your old base might not be compatible, and there are some features in the new ones that you would lose.  So I recommend using the new base with the Ultras at least.

But this article answers your followup question:  https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

The VMB4000 or above supports the Ultra 2, the older bases dont'.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation