Cameras don’t power up on install

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Best Buy bundle of 3 Ultra 2 cameras and base station. Base install goes fine. Cameras won’t power up or be recognized during install. I have tried 3 bundles all done work. Support is useless so far. No LEDs ever light up. Resets don’t do anything. Does anyone have the same issue? How to resolve?

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance there's a plastic film covering the battery contacts? Whn installing a charged battery, the camera LED should briefly show a blue LED indicating power is connected. You could also try using the AC power supply to see if that works.

Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I’ve tried both external power and check contacts. Batteries all charged also. No blue LED or any LED lighting up no matter what I do. 
frustrating as cameras seem to be dormant. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's hard to believe that 3 sets would do the same thing. Maybe take the set back to Best Buy and stop at the Geek Squad center to see what they have to say.

Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

May be the only choice however trying to see if there is a known defect or procedure to test the camera. Geek squad unlikely to be knowledgeable. Arlo phone support also doesn’t pick up so dead otherwise. Thanks. 

TiLoup
Tutor
Tutor

I have exactly the same problem with a Best Buy Ultra2 kit. SmartHub is recongnized, batteries are full and none of the 3 cameras are powering up and not recongnized

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

if you remove the battery and try powering on with the power adapter does the LED illuminate? 

TiLoup
Tutor
Tutor

I don’t have power adapter with my Best Buy Ultra 2 kit. Cameras can only be powered with a battery

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It didn't come with a magnetic charging cable? 

TiLoup
Tutor
Tutor

No. Not with this kit 

Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried with external power and bought magnetic cords. No luck with or without batteries in the camera. Not sure what next except returning them again   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TiLoup

What was supplied in the packaging to charge the unit? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ponderosa66

How many units did you try? two separate packages from BestBuy? were they new and unopened?

Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only the battery charger. Does attach to Ultra 2 cameras as you need to buy the magnetic cable… 

Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes 2 new and unopened bundles from Best Buy. Bought Cyber Monday. Both had the same issue. Took them to Best Buy and returned and reordered 2 more full kits. Both arrived last week. Same camera issue. 4 kits now … working with support to resolve but has not provided insight yet as to what is wrong with the cameras. 

Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any luck with support. I’ve been trying for a couple weeks and can’t get any Arlo folks to help. Run around with no results. 

Ponderosa66
Aspirant
Aspirant

There has been no progress with Arlo support. Not helpful and call in line through the App doesn’t get you to anyone in tech support as the line just hangs indefinitely. I have unfortunately returned 2 new Ultra 2 security bundles for refund and buying something else. Still my preferred product when it works but I don’t recommend replying on their support. 

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation