Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera shows black during live stream

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dbmdude
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am confused on how to fix this... I have 3 pro 3 cameras and only one is doing this... I first noted that the website arlo.netgear.com showed this camera as disconnected and still shows it like that today EVEN THOUGH it seems to be fine in the app... one other thing though about this camera and the app... occasionally I can't see the video in the app... sometimes it shows massive video distortion and sometimes it is solid black (for this camera only, others are fine) when trying to stream 4k local. I have tried looking at website when it is doing this but the website appears to be always offline for this camera... is it a camera issue? Do I need a new one?? These are all brand new just got the system last week.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I suggest swapping locations with one of the other two, and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays at the location.

If it moves with the camera, then you could consider exchanging with the seller, or contact arlo support using the app.  You'll find a phone option there.

Dbmdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not seen the artifact since so no swapping yet.

I still have ONE other defect (in my previous post I conflated them because I thought they were related; yet since one of the problems is still present and the other is not; I can only assume they are not related).

Anyway, the other defect is that everytime I log into arlo.netgear.com one of my cameras (it is the same camera and it happens every time - consistent) is showing as unavailable.  Due to previously stated issues that are manifesting, I have rebooted and restarted the hub, cameras, and app,,, still this camera shows as offline on the website (read: it is active in the app; and all other cameras are active in both places).

I do NOT know how to insert an image but it has the default screen when a camera is offline in the app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dbmdude wrote:

Anyway, the other defect is that everytime I log into arlo.netgear.com 

You should be using my.arlo.com (Arlo hasn't been part of Netgear since 2018).  But arlo.netgear.com should be redirecting you to my.arlo.com anyway.

@Dbmdude wrote:

one of my cameras (it is the same camera and it happens every time - consistent) is showing as unavailable. 

Have you tried a different browser?

@Dbmdude wrote:

I do NOT know how to insert an image but it has the default screen when a camera is offline in the app.

There are two ways - there is a paper clip icon below the post text box that can add screenshot, and there is a camera icon above the text box that can embed a screenshot into your post.

Both require the extension to be either png or jpg.  If your screenshot is jpeg, then you need to rename the extension to jpg.

Embedded screenshots won't show up right away - mods need to approve all embedded images before they are shown.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation