Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Battery on solar drained overnight - new fully charged battery inserted - drains fast / cloudy day

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zarkogajic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I know there are similar problems already reported here - but unfortunately I see no helpful answers.

I just installed the solar panel and for 2 (sunny) days it was maintaining my battery level at 100%.

It was a rainy / stormy night yesterday and in the morning I got an email that my battery is low. Actually it was 0%.

I replaced it with a fully charged one. Solar still connected. No sun, cloudy day. A few hours later and my battery is at 80% - seems like the solar panel is draining it.

p.s.

Just before I hit Post I checked the status (still no real sun, only clouds): now the battery icon indicates the battery is charging, however the sun icon on android mobile app is dark gray (not green) as if not charging (!?!). 

At the same time, in web browser interface, that sun icon is green (as if charging which I guess is really happening).

Icons meaning: https://kb.arlo.com/000045870

-žarko

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation