Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

BLINKING Amber (single) LED on front of Arlo Base Station - cannot connect to base station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
decooney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Situation: slow blinking amber LED on front, cannot connect to base station via Arlo app. 

Tried this so far: 

• Power off/on reset, disconnecting power, 30 seconds,multiple times (completed)
    • Ethernet connected to router, tried two different routers, same. 
  • Reset button, held 10 seconds, multiple times (completed)
  • Disconnect & reconnect to different ethernet (completed)
  • Removed Device - Base Station, to try and re-add back
  • Removed and downloaded Arlo App again 
  • Device, Add "looking for device", > "No Arlo Devices found". 

Support / Chat service is useless, leads to dead end drop down menus, dysfunctional. 

Device is less than 1yr old. Just stopped working all of the sudden recently. Won't reconnect. 

Other Ideas, what else to check? 

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

what model base station, look for the VMBxxxx number under the unit.

what model cameras, look for the VMCxxxx label inside the battery compartment or under the unit.

have you tried using a pc connected to the router via Ethernet to add the devices, use pc browser to login to my.arlo.com

when you performed the base station factory reset using the paper clip did you hold until the base led started flashing?

decooney
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DannyBearAgain 

VMB4540 base unit

Ultra 2 cameras

Clients are various, OSX, IOS, iPad, phones - all connected prior 

Update: 

After hard reset button on back, would go from flashing amber/red to Blue for 5 seconds, and right back to flashing amber/red whatever the color is. 

No, cannot access the base module from a local ethernet connected PC right next to the base, on the same router, same network.  

Not sure what else to try at this juncture.  Other ideas?

decooney
Aspirant
Aspirant

serious PROBLEMS with Arlo online chat support.  Stuck in a loop. Says to enter OTP one time password, yet their system never sends the email. Tried multiple times, not in junk or spam folders. Now at least it lets you load the sub-category, then goes back to OTP again, stops there. These folks need to get it in gear, the support issues are terrible. 

decooney
Aspirant
Aspirant

SUPPORT does not answer the phone either. Simply asks for you to leave a message. Terrible support by Arlo. Be aware before purchase. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The article below explains the led indicator meaning.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean 

It would suggest the hub has a problem getting the internet from the router modem.

Since you have already addressed this it may be just a faulty hub or the isp is now blocking arlo.

I would suggest that you take the hub to another residence and see if it will add successfully using a different isp/modem router.

Remember that the app will need to have access to the same local network as the hub is connected to for recognition.

decooney
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DannyBearAgain  thanks for the link, which reads "

"Slow Blinking Amber. The camera connection can’t be found, is out of range, or some other connection error has occurred."

-----------------

I checked with my ISP. They are not blocking arlo.com or related ports, and I shared the ports you reported in a separate thread prior. So nope, they confirmed twice they are not blocking traffic here. 

Tonight I was able to return the Arlo base unit and 3 cameras before the 1yr return policy expired at the big C retailer. Will look at getting another unit set up somehow and try again. Maybe the base unit was faulty. Kinda gave up. Need to get a camera system up/running again soon. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@decooney 

Probably the best approach, maybe look for a brand that supports email notifications since arlo now has problems in doing these.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation