Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Paulkann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
I have an ultra 2 but it wont hold its charge
Ive tried a different battery but looses charge in a day
I think its the 3 metal charging contacts on the unit
Csn these be replaced or can you get a new housing without buying the whole camera
Its only couple years old

Regards
Paul

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Charging and fast discharge are two different but related animals. If you remove the charging cable is there a difference in battery life? Fast discharge can be due to camera location, wireless interference, too much recording/live viewing per day, etc.

What have you tried?

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

One of mine has started doing this .  It has strong signal etc and is plugged into charger but since having to factory reset due to another problem every 2 or 3 days it suddenly drops to 18%  and this morning 6% . It shows as charging through out but having hit the bottom it starts rising again with no intervention . It has only recorded one thing and is close to the hub which is wired to the broadband hub .  The kit is 6 months old . 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

One of mine has started doing this .  It has strong signal etc and is plugged into charger but since having to factory reset due to another problem every 2 or 3 days it suddenly drops to 18%  and this morning 6% . It shows as charging through out but having hit the bottom it starts rising again with no intervention . It has only recorded one thing and is close to the hub which is wired to the broadband hub .  The kit is 6 months old . 

Have you tried swapping the battery with another camera's?  

I've seen some odd things with power drain myself over the past weeks.  But if this is persistant (and specific to this one camera), you should probably contact support - since you are under warranty.

Paulkann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
Yes swapped battery and charger and housing and no joy
In the end gave up
No response from support centre as couldnt get past the robot phone response
Ended up buying a new one 🤷‍♂️
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the problem of massive battery drain ie down to 6% sometimes 18%  . It was plugged into the router but the specified distance etc . I have bought an extender which uses the house electrics for connection to the router and moved the Arlo hub upstairs .....problem solved and has now been ok for several days at 100%  .   I should add all cams have been mains fed throughout the problem . Hope this helps you all .

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation