Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo system locks you out for five minutes because you fat fingered the pass word during a home inva

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jpbrice
Follower
Follower

Arlo ultra 2 will lock you out after some attempts to enter the pass word have failed.  I see how this measure can prevent hackers but the most likely scenario is you hear a bump in the night... you try to log on but your biometrics cant be used today because we need to make sure you remember your password while adrenaline is pouring out of your ears to see if there EVEN is a threat or just the neighbors dog... so you fat finger the password too many times and lock yourself out... you dont have time to reset your password so what do you do?... you risk YOUR LIFE to go see whats up and the security system you wasted money on wont work because "WE NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD."  guys its not a cell phone. hackers are a risk but you NEED to make this camera system as reliable as a biometric gun safe.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will pass your feedback along to the development team for consideration.

For this scenario, you might consider using Face or Fingerprint recognition which is supported by the Arlo Secure mobile app. For more information, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/1085096/How-do-I-log-in-to-the-Arlo-app-using-fingerprint-or-face-authentication

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation