Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras and base stations

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MIchiganman
Follower
Follower

if I use base station vmb4000 for my Ultra2 and Pro2 cameras, will recordings still be 4k on the Ultra2? Also, will I be able to save videos on a flash drive from both camera models? I am hoping to eliminate the monthly fee for the smart subscription.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@MIchiganman wrote:

if I use base station vmb4000 for my Ultra2 and Pro2 cameras, will recordings still be 4k on the Ultra2? 

The recordings from the ultra will be 4K w/o a subscription.  If the camera has a subscription, the recordings will be 2K with Premier or Secure, and 4K with Elite or Secure Plus.

@MIchiganman wrote:

Also, will I be able to save videos on a flash drive from both camera models? 

Yes.  But the only way to see the recordings with the VMB4000 base is to eject the flash drive, and then connect the drive to a PC for viewing. 

If you had a VMB4540 or a VMB5000, you could see the recordings from the mobile app, but not from the web browser.  There are other restrictions as well - no access from a friend account, no manual recordings, and no thumbnails.  You'd need to set up port forwarding or a VPN in order to access the recordings while away from home.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MIchiganman wrote:

if I use base station vmb4000 for my Ultra2 and Pro2 cameras, will recordings still be 4k on the Ultra2? 

The recordings from the ultra will be 4K w/o a subscription.  If the camera has a subscription, the recordings will be 2K with Premier or Secure, and 4K with Elite or Secure Plus.

@MIchiganman wrote:

Also, will I be able to save videos on a flash drive from both camera models? 

Yes.  But the only way to see the recordings with the VMB4000 base is to eject the flash drive, and then connect the drive to a PC for viewing. 

If you had a VMB4540 or a VMB5000, you could see the recordings from the mobile app, but not from the web browser.  There are other restrictions as well - no access from a friend account, no manual recordings, and no thumbnails.  You'd need to set up port forwarding or a VPN in order to access the recordings while away from home.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation