Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RanTGNOK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Currently I have a 4-camera, Arlo Pro 2 security system.  Am looking to upgrade to the Ultra 2 camera system.  All of my Pro 2 cameras are mounted outside with the Arlo Adjustable Indoor/Outdoor Mount.  The mount is approximately 5" long, ceramic, with a stainless steel tip that the cameras screw into.  My question:  Can I use these existing mounts, which are already installed under the eaves on my house, with the Ultra 2 cameras?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup. I swap cameras around on existing mounts all the time. The only issue would be that the Ultras are heavier and would have more leverage due to the size so be sure to tighten the position adjustment firmly.

SinisterStairs
Apprentice
Apprentice

FYI the Arlo cameras use standard camera threads; you don't have to use official Arlo mounting hardware [particularly if you have atypical surfaces you want to mount to].

For one of my cameras I'm using a RAM mount:  Here's one of the options for attaching an Arlo camera to a RAM mounting system.  I've attached my Arlo with a twist-lock suction cup, magnet, and I'm currently using a claw.

The main thing is, the Arlo can be attached to any standard camera mount with a bolt threading of 1/4"-20.

RanTGNOK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  One additional question . . . I'm considering upgrading to the Ultra 2 system.  I need 4 cameras.  I noticed that most of the packages (i.e., the 3 or 4 camera bundles at Costco or Amazon) have one camera that comes attached to a "security" mount.  Can I take that camera off of the security mount and attach it directly to my existing Arlo Pro 2 mounts with the screw thread?  It looks like the camera attached to the security mount has a protrusion on the back which is different from the other cameras included in the package.  

RanTGNOK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!

SinisterStairs
Apprentice
Apprentice

@RanTGNOK wrote:

one camera that comes attached to a "security" mount.  Can I take that camera off of the security mount and attach it directly to my existing Arlo Pro 2 mounts with the screw thread?  It looks like the camera attached to the security mount has a protrusion on the back which is different from the other cameras included in the package.

The protrusion you're seeing part of the Total Security Mount.  I don't own it, but reading that how-to suggests that the "protrusion" is part of the housing itself.  You can remove the camera from the housing, but you wouldn't be able to attach it to your existing Arlo Pro 2 mount unless you have an extra non-Total Security housing.  Again, that's how I read it; I have no first-hand experience with it.

RanTGNOK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!

R

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation