Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rudrasete
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I just bought the Arlo Ultra 2 and have a question about motion detection.

Is motion detection based only off the IR sensor or can it also use pixel based movement?

I’ve setup activity zones but the detection is happening outside of that zone on my neighbours property, which I don’t want to happen.

As it’s my first time using this product I’m not sure if maybe I’ve set it up wrong?

Can anyone share how they’ve got their camera’s setup to get the best recording.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rudrasete wrote:

Is motion detection based only off the IR sensor or can it also use pixel based movement?

Motion detection itself is only from the IR sensor.

@rudrasete wrote:

I’ve setup activity zones but the detection is happening outside of that zone on my neighbours property, which I don’t want to happen.

Activity zones are based on pixel processing - that is done in the Arlo Cloud if the cameras are on battery power.  Although it doesn't take much motion inside the zone (and compression artifacts also can result in the system deciding motion is inside the zone).

You can try adjusting the field of view a bit, or maybe adjusting the motion sensitivity downwards.  Use the motion detection test to make sure you don't lower the sensitivity too much. https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation