Arlo Ultra 2 camera continually goes offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MTF
Follower
Follower

I purchased a SmartHub and four Ultra 2 camera package from Costco about 8 months ago. Two months ago, one of the cameras started going offline randomly. Initially, I could remove the battery and reinstall the battery to get the camera to come back on line. However, once it started going offline, it would only come back on line with a black and white picture. Although the camera worked, the only way I could get the picture to turn to color was to manually turn the spotlight on, whether day or night. After doing this about three times, the camera would no longer come back online with just battery removal. I now have to remove the camera from the SmartHub, and then re-add the camera as a new device. I still have the same problem with the black and white picture. And it still goes offline after about 3 or 4 days, requiring me to repeat the process.

Here is my troubleshooting: I swapped the battery with another camera with no change. I swapped locations with another camera with no change. All of the cameras show a "strong" wifi signal. None of the other three cameras have any problems and work perfectly. 

Do I have a defective camera?

MTF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MTF wrote:

Sounds like it.  You can contract support and ask for an RMA.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MTF wrote:

Sounds like it.  You can contract support and ask for an RMA.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation