Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
randyzon
Aspirant
Aspirant

My initial Smart detect trial period just expired.  I renewed so this isn't an issue.

About 45 days after I bought the Arlo Ultra 2 the system stopped detecting animals, day or night.  It was very iffy in the first place but nothing at all now even with raccoons crawling around everywhere at night.  The raccoons are so bad that they are swinging on our humming bird feeders in front of the cameras and still no trigger to start a recording.

I pulled down each camera, cleaned the face and lense, and reinstalled them.  Still nothing.  Even people triggering the recordings is very undependable.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the motion detection settings in your modes and rules? Have you increased them?

randyzon
Aspirant
Aspirant
There are no settings and no rules to change for the Ultra 2. The smart detect settings, except for audio, are all turned on for people, vehicles, animals and all other motion. The one cam for package detection also never detects a package.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There sure are rules for these cameras. They're in the Mode card. Read the FAQs here in the support section about changing sensitivity settings as well as creating custom modes for full control. Loots of good reading there so you get exactly what you need.

randyzon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for helping. You are correct. I had not explored the full app or manual.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation