Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2, Essential Spotlight, and Doorbell lack of control in rules.

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Eghost57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see on the rules menu there are options to take a snapshot, stop a siren, turn off a light, turn on a light, and play a sound, however they are greyed out for all my cameras. It would be great to be able to turn the camera spotlight light on or off with motion rules from other cameras or from smartthings triggers. It'd also be great to play custom sirens because the siren on the Ultra 2 is a joke, the essentials are less than half the price and have a louder siren with a better tone.

So I want to know, why are the tones different? Why don't I at least have the option of the same tone on the Ultra 2 as is on the essentials? It's like mismatched socks on my house. Please update the firmware on your camera so they at least all have the same siren sound.

And why are all the options greyed out? The cameras all have speakers, they all have lights, it is f'd up that I can either have the light on with every motion in every mode or I have to deactivate it, that I can take a manual snapshot but then the option for an automatic one is greyed out, that I've got mismatched sirens on my cameras and the play sound option is greyed out.

Why does the app feel half finished? Why can't I use options that the camera is clearly physically capable of? Why do I feel like I just got ripped off and I'll be asked to subscribe to turn off the lights or customize the siren sound. Aghhhhhhh! (Not to mention true malfunctions I'm dealing with.)

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation