Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Hub VMB5000 not adding it's own hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mplmilk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to add a device to the Arlo Smart hub VMB5000 using the Arlo Secure iPhone app. Actually the device I'm trying to add is "itself" (Arlo Smart hub VMB5000.) The app looks for device for a couple minutes and then says "No Arlo devices found." I had added the Arlo hub as a bridge to HomeKit through the HomeKit app using the Qcode in the box, but uninstalled it to see if that would help but to no avail. 

I reset the Arlo hub...and then plugged in the ethernet cable first into the Google Mesh router and then started the "add device" process through Arlo Secure app. Then plugged in the power cable for the hub when asked for it. Still no Arlo devices found.

The only reason I need the cameras and hub to show in Arlo Secure is to make setting adjustments for the cameras ("no animal sensing, color night vision, etc.) The bridge with HomeKit worked great for showing the cameras and battery life in each one. I want to be able to turn on "No Animal" sensing and "color night vision as well. I can't do that with the bridge through HomeKit. 

I tried Arlo's Bot through the chat feature, kind of a joke. Any suggestions? 

Thank you, mplmilk

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

The inability to add the base station to HomeKit is likely because the HomeKit token within the Base station has expired or no longer valid.

There is no way for the customer to generate a new token without arlo customer support so the task has been given to the moderators to reset the token on request.

mplmilk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can add the Ultra 2 cameras with a bridge to HomeKit, but I can’t add the Arlo Smart hub to the Arlo Secure App. 
So I need a token of some sort? How do I get one?

thanks,

mplmilk

Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the smart hub a new addition to the account, first time install or has it dropped off the account?

What is the base station led showing?

mplmilk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, new account and hardware I bought the other day. I chatted with tech support today and she got me up and running. Thanks for your help and reply!

mplmilk

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation