Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App - installing and configuring 8 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ebaluyut
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm installing and configuring an 8 camera setup. I want to find out if I can create an Arlo account on my phone, add and configure the cameras and base station and get them working just right, then just have the owner download the Arlo app and login using the account I created to configure/setup the cameras and be on his merry way. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ebaluyut wrote:

I'm installing and configuring an 8 camera setup. I want to find out if I can create an Arlo account on my phone, add and configure the cameras and base station and get them working just right, then just have the owner download the Arlo app and login using the account I created to configure/setup the cameras and be on his merry way. Is this possible?

You can do that, though there are some settings they will need to change.

For example, two factor authentication generally sends a notification to your phone.  Your phone will need to be removed from the trusted device list, and reset to the owner's phone.

The owner will also want to change the password - and if the account username is your email address, they will of course also want to change that to their own email.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ebaluyut wrote:

You can do that, though there are some settings they will need to change.

For example, two factor authentication generally sends a notification to your phone.  Your phone will need to be removed from the trusted device list, and reset to the owner's phone.

The owner will also want to change the password - and if the account username is your email address, they will of course also want to change that to their own email.

Ebaluyut
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer!

I have another question as there has been a recent development in my 8 camera project. The owner wants to put the 8th camera in his second house that will overlook his first house. My question is this, since the 8th camera will potentially go on another network, will I need to get a second "base station" or will the 8th camera be able to join the other cameras from another network? Using the same account in the app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ebaluyut wrote:

Thank you for your answer!

I have another question as there has been a recent development in my 8 camera project. The owner wants to put the 8th camera in his second house that will overlook his first house. My question is this, since the 8th camera will potentially go on another network, will I need to get a second "base station" or will the 8th camera be able to join the other cameras from another network? Using the same account in the app?

The base station needs to be nearby the camera, as the camera connects to it over a closed wifi network.

One option is connecting the last camera directly to the wifi in the second house (Pro 3 Floodlight, Pro 4, and Essential cameras can do this).  Or of course get a second base.

Ebaluyut
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank again Stephen!

As we are already purchased the camera, I will have to go with the second base option. Can the app handle two bases or will I have to create a second account?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ebaluyut wrote:

Can the app handle two bases or will I have to create a second account?

The app can handle two bases.

Ebaluyut
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again Stephen!

Last question...I swear! 🙂

Do they sell the Arlo Smart Hub in black? Can seem to find it in Arlo's web site or in Amazon's web site. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ebaluyut wrote:

Do they sell the Arlo Smart Hub in black? 

No, just white.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation