Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 Push to talk not working on Mobile Data

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shed77
Follower
Follower

trying out new system...can hear us talking on video footage...but can’t seem to get the feature working when can remotely communicate from phone through camera when we not home...any thoughts to trouble shoot this???

using a Samsung galaxy s9......help please

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shed77

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.2 installed? If so, you can also try to remove > Re-Install the Arlo app.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No ShayneS newest app, install re install matters not.  If your away from home and go live the mic and other icons all disappear, they are there for about 2 seconds and then they are gone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LandJS

Are you experiencing this issue too? Can you provide more detail regarding the exact issue you are experiencing?

• Does this occur on all your devices?
  • Is the issue intermittent?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you perviously performed?

Thanks

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

OK since I'm sitting around today I played with both my Android and my wife's i-phone.  I can't remember a time when this didn't happen but just playing around trying things here is what I found, even though this has come up a number of times I've never seen an explanation.  When you go live the icons will all disappear after about 2 seconds but if you touch the screen the square and icons return for a short period during which you can choose a icon.  Normally you would be in the process of tapping the square to turn live back off but if you choose the icon before it disappears again they then do function.  It would seem more logical to place them differently permanently than to have to figure out you must again tap the screen and make a choice before they are gone again.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation