Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

MrCat
Initiate
Initiate

Says base station on line, cameras off line; happened early 25 Sep23.

Is Arlo down?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. The recent firmware release has been rolled back. Please restart your base station/SmartHub to allow your cameras to receive the previous firmware version. If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to remove and reinsert the battery within the affected cameras to allow them to come back online.

JamesC

262 REPLIES 262
WPace
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed these steps and was able to get all 7 cameras back online. Don’t forget Step #9. Once the camera is reloaded, you must go to each of the camera settings and select the Firmware button. From there, you have to update the firmware. Once I did that, everything worked fine. 

Many thanks to this community for helping me out!

hhschwind
Guide
Guide

Interesting.  I suspected it was due to the firmware update but could not confirm.  

This is frustrating.  I have been persistent.  I have a case # with Arlo and every day they send me instructions on how to reconnect.  They are the same instructions available on their website and, also, in their user manual.  Try as I might, on a daily basis, I cannot get the cameras to be "found" by my base station.

hhschwind
Guide
Guide

Hi.  My system is still down despite many interactions with Arlo and their advice to bring it up.  I don't know if it will help but I chatted with them via their website and they have set up a case # for my issue.  Hasn't help me fix it yet but at least I have a record with them that can't be ignored.  They continue to send me emails with additional advice (repetitive and not effective).  They have asked me for serial numbers and proof of purchase.  The system does have a warranty so I would go on record with them and, if nothing else, file a warranty claim.

Pennymcgonigle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got my system back up and working no help from the Arlo support team. 

I unplugged the modem and router.  Waited 15 seconds and plugged back in the modem, then waited 2 minutes and plugged back in the router.  Logged into my Arlo app and clicked on add a device. Picked my camera and clicked continue.  It searched but could not find the camera, so I pushed in the sync button on the camera and held until it blinks an amber light. A blue light started blinking and the hub then found my camera. Once it was found it asked me to name the camera which it did and them a message came up that there were updates for the camera needed.  I click on update and the camera took a few minutes and a message came up stating it was updated. Did the same for my other 2 cameras and all is working now.

Lerfeldt
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly what i pay - NOT to experience. Going on vacation for a week - and the first thing that happens just after leaving home - is everything goes offline. That is MASSIVE critical. There is a reason we have camera's - and it's not to see the flowers grow in the garden. It's to protect.

Does not work very well when offline.

How do you plan to NOT make that happen again??????

JPC_77
Guide
Guide

I second this..I bought our cameras at the end of July before leaving town for a month on 9/14. Our neighborhood has experienced mail theft of late. The day after I leave, everything goes offline. Now I am blind until I get home in mid-Oct. Aside from the piss poor communication/transparency during this incident, where is the accountability for it afterwards? There is absolutely no way I would recommend this product to anybody based on the service present during this incident. The response weighs way more than the incident itself.

Pennymcgonigle
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is really nothing I can do to make sure this does not happen again.  It's seem like my cameras go off and on line often.  If I am on travel then I have to wait til I get home to work on getting back on line, the cameras seem usless for what I wanted them for.  I definitely would not recommand the Arlo Ultra 2 to anyone I know.  I'm just happy to have them back up working for the time being.  I love the cameras when they are working correctly. I can only hope the tech team will work out all the problems.

wingsmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the firmware update to work on one of my Ultra cameras today, but no luck with another despite multiple battery changes, multiple base and camera resets, and camera removal.  Trying to re-pair with my base station failed.  

Anyone else have success yet?

hhschwind
Guide
Guide

I have been so frustrated by my discussions with Arlo and my repeated attempts that I haven't tried in a couple of days.  I guess I will try it again.

Did you do anything different than removing/reinserting batteries, manually syncing cameras, manually syncing base, etc.?  I have tried all of these actions multiple times with no success.

Dgmi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had to do factory resets on my cameras to be recognized for syncing.

to do factory reset =hold the ‘sync’ button for about 10sec, (you’ll see the lil blue light flash)

then try syncing the cameras again.

hope this helps you.

if you read thru the threads myself and others have more detailed instructions, but on a highlevel that’s what worked for me.

Zatara
Tutor
Tutor

The system went offline again either last night or this morning.  Again, it's only the cameras for the ultra 2s. Hub shows blue.  Haven't done a full reset again, but this is getting very annoying

hhschwind
Guide
Guide

You have my sympathy.  I have 4 cameras that went belly up on 9/15.  Dealing with Arlo (chats, phone calls, emails) to get tech support (no success in spite of repeatedly following all their advice and protocols) and then merchandise replacement has been a very painful and time consuming experience.  It's strange because I had Arlo Pros for several years without a problem.  They have really screwed this one up, have not taken responsibility for their failures, and have been very arduous to deal with.

hhschwind
Guide
Guide

Oh.  I forgot to mention.   I am receiving emails from Arlo telling me my free trial period has ended and I need to sign up for a subscription to Arlo Secure.  Talk about adding insult to injury.....