Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access for all household

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
S_C_B
Follower
Follower

Just added a wireless doorbell to our Arlo family but I still can’t share access with my kids (so it’s pretty useless unless I’m home). The kids have the upgraded app and mine is different (only 4 icons at the bottom)

If I delete the old app and upgrade to the newest one and re-sync everything, will my old cameras still work?

Or can someone suggest another fix please? Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What camera models do you have?

Arlo is not providing a return path to use the older UI unfortunately.

Its a shame as there have been a lot of users requesting to go back.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@S_C_B wrote:

Just added a wireless doorbell to our Arlo family but I still can’t share access with my kids (so it’s pretty useless unless I’m home). The kids have the upgraded app and mine is different (only 4 icons at the bottom)

If I delete the old app and upgrade to the newest one and re-sync everything, will my old cameras still work?

It is possible to migrate your account to "Feed', and that is what you'd need to do in order to share the cameras.

The current app supports both interfaces.  The way to migrate is to go into "add device", and then select a Pro 5s camera.  While you can't complete that process (since you don't own one), the process will migrate you to "Feed".

As @DannyBearAgain points out, you won't be able to migrate back to "Library" once you've done this.  One limitation with "Feed" is that it has no custom modes.  People are struggling with some other aspects (particularly scheduling and geofencing).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation