Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO ULTRA 2 camera showing green on half the live picture and in recordings

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

IMG_8412.jpegOne of my ARLO ULTRA 2 cameras intermittently showing green on half in recordings.

When I try to show live, the camera goes off line and disconnects from the hub.

I have removed the camera, reset to factory settings and added again, seems alright for 1-2 days and then the green line appears again, it will record the footage but the green line appears in the footage.

Moved the camera to different locations and connected to different hub but problem still remains.

Any ideas, thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support to select your camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sheppeyboy wrote:

One of my ARLO ULTRA 2 cameras intermittently showing green on half in recordings.

Moved the camera to different locations and connected to different hub but problem still remains.

Any ideas, thanks

Usually this indicates packet loss on the network path between the camera and the cloud (either camera->smarthub, or smarthub->cloud).  If you have local storage enabled, it might be worth seeing if the problem also shows up on the local storage,

I say "usually packet loss" because a failure in the camera compression hardware can cause the same result.  If the reset reliably solves the problem for a couple of days, then that unfortunately does point to a failing camera.   If still under warranty, you can press for an RMA (warranty exchange). 

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, 

Thanks, what I have noticed is that 2 other cameras have started showing same symptoms, I have fibre broadband and no other devices are showing any symptoms, will wait and see if it clears.

Reset to factory settings and re-added to a different hub and they seem fine for 1-2 days and then symptoms reappear.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sheppeyboy are you still needing assistance or did the behavior you were experiencing stop?

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Gave up trying to get support and now seems to have gone away 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation