Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Base will not boot

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

I am having problems with one of my ARLO Base stations ( VMB4500r2 ).  I restarted it yesterday and it is still in the rebooting mode.  We restarted the LAN Modem/Router and still the base never connects.

Two questions:

1)  Is there any type of ARLO Base station backup (like you can do with a Router) and restore?  

2) If I put in a new ARLO Base station, I assume that I would have to install all the cameras again.

Is there any way to force a base station to come online?  This is the first time we have had a problem with this base.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The "second" base with a siren is actually the siren name itself. You can choose to rename if it makes sense - all it does is change the name.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
Another question regarding the ARLO base station. On the one I am having problems with, under settings below the base station, there is a Base station extender.
This was done before I got involved with the ARLO setup. How does a base station have an extender? What is the setup or settings used for this?
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
After logging out/in several times and then doing another Remote base station RESTART, I got the base station to come back online again.
But I am still curious if we have another problem, is there any way to capture the configuration from a base station?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:
Another question regarding the ARLO base station. On the one I am having problems with, under settings below the base station, there is a Base station extender.

I don't know of any base station extender.  Can you post a screen shot?

@rdilauro wrote:
1)  Is there any type of ARLO Base station backup (like you can do with a Router) and restore?  

No.  But I think the settings are both in the Arlo Cloud and the base itself.

@rdilauro wrote:

2) If I put in a new ARLO Base station, I assume that I would have to install all the cameras again.

Is there any way to force a base station to come online?  This is the first time we have had a problem with this base.

You would have to reinstall the cameras, since they are paired with the base.

Power-cycling the base is I think the only way you can get it to restart (and hopefully come on line).

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Screenshot 2022-07-18 11.26.17.pngScreenshot 2022-07-18 11.26.07.png

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
Stephen, I included two screenshots
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:
Stephen, I included two screenshots

Thanks.  Bases with sirens will show up twice, but I haven't seen the second one use a different name.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The "second" base with a siren is actually the siren name itself. You can choose to rename if it makes sense - all it does is change the name.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation