Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 camera Ultra 2 & Pro 4 kits

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Mr_Archer
Follower
Follower

Jeez, what a nightmare. I start with a 3 camera Pro 4 kit from Costco two weeks ago. Set up is fine and everything worked smooth, until night and you couldn't see anything unless it was within 10 foot away. And zooming in to read a license plate? LOL, total joke. So, the Ultra 2 kit was on sale at Costco so I figured I'd give that a whirl.  I get the Ultras and just connected the cameras to my the 4540 hub with the Pro 4's. Marginally better but the battery life sucked.

So the thought occurred that the Ultra 2's would fit in the larger Pro 4 housings with the much bigger batteries. I thought I would just keep the Pro 4's with the smaller housings for indoors. I had all 7 cameras running on the 4540 and all was well except the supposed 2K cameras worked like crap indoors. You couldn't even make out a face in the same room!

So I decided to just keep the Ultra 2 kit.  I pulled out the 5000 hub that came with the Ultras and uninstalled the 4540.  What a **bleep** show. The 5000 hub doesnt have anywhere near the same range, and I suddenly was losing connections with at least one camera at all times. Took forever to connect to any of them and it was just a total mess. Tried going back to the 4540 and found they took away the 2K/4K for the trial that goes thru October, so I had enough. After 48 hours still no work order response so I packed both kits up and got my $1,300 back from Costco. What a nightmare. Good riddance.

Can't wait for the next gen high end outdoor nest cameras. Believe it or not, the PQ of my Nest door bell camera is better all around than these Ultra 2's, seriously! What a disappointment.

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation