I still have the problem in the ARLO app in my Samsung S8+ with Android 7.0 and in my wife S6+ too.
When you plan to fix this? can we go back to the previous APP?
I need to log to the web for changes (and by the way I can not log from the cellphone as it keep pushing me to the loop to download the app) so I need to go to a computer.
To add to this the program function cannot even been manage in the web.
Please fix this
I have opened a support ticket on this issue a while ago (Support Case #30144211). Recently I have got an email informing me that the issue is resolved for all users. All I need to do is uninstall and reinstall the app. I did it on multiple android devices. However, the issue is still there. They asked me to confirm the resolution. However, it is “do not respond” email and the link to update the ticket comments comes up with the empty website. It looks like they closed the ticket without confirmation form the end user. Live chat is unavailable, email communications are unavailable, the phone support puts me on hold with #31 in queue and unknown waiting time. Terrible support service.
Arlo said they fixed the MODE problem, it didnt reappear for me. I have now put 2-3 hours investigating this, very annoying. But I got it working. For me, id didnt work on any Android or Ios device.
I logged into my account on a PC running windows and made one little change to a setting to a camera. I dont think it matters what setting you change. The the mode TAB suddenly reappeared.
My devices still do not show the Modes tab. They were working fine until three or four months ago when they stopped working for many. I have tried removing the Arlo app, restarting my devices, and reinstalling the Arlo app, as recently as yesterday (June 9, 2018). Still no luck. I have four Samsung cell phones where the app stopped working properly: Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7, and Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The Samsung Galaxy S8+ is the primary device using this app. It's a model SM-G955U, running Android 8.0.0.
I am very disappointed with the slow response and the amount of time that it took for you to recognize this problem in the first place. This has made the system virtually useless for me, since I use it as my primary burglar alarm. I arm it each day after arriving at work (used to use Schedule, but my wife's new work schedule varies to frequently now). I can't usually login on a computer at work, so most days its unarmed all day. I've spent over $800 on Arlo equipment and have recommended this product to many others, and am certain that several purchased Arlos as a result. I'm seriously considering a switch to another system if this doesn't start working for me very soon. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.
When you say "resseting" is disconnecting it and turning up again or you reset ALL
It means reset the base station, remove the camera and add it back, re sync it etc. Act as if you just brought it home for the first time. Redo everything
New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.
Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues