Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo.png

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact error message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

245 REPLIES 245
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

That is GREAT news @jayoma! Thank you so much for the immediate feedback! 🙂 

Kind Regards,
ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
T2342344
Star
Star

Does not work. Still showing offline.  FW 1.9.8.0_16666. IPhone App v. 2.5.0.

Did it require BS boot. I am not in a position to do that.

T2342344
Star
Star

Please do not mark this as resolved as it clearly is not.

Allsport2233
Guide
Guide
No it did not require a reboot once the issue was resolved everything started operating normally again. At least mine did. From the beginning all my lights on the base station were green. From the App/web I was able to stream the cameras up until the point the software discovered it thought the base station was offline and then made it appear the cameras were offline. The cameras were still operational but since the base station was offline the cameras could not trigger a record.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening @T2342344

It should not require a reboot.  Give me a moment to investigate. I'll be back in touch with you shortly! Can you please send me a private message with your base station serial number so I can escalate your case?

Thank you in advance! 

ChristineT

____
Deathwalker01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Station firmware: 2.4.13.870_20870

Device type showing offline: Arlo x 4 and Base station

Internet Service Provider: Telstra

Exact error message: Base station ofline

The application used: Android and web

Hi 

I am still getting this error message I am in australia and the time is 4.51 p.m. on Tuesday 14/5/18

Any update re problem?

mocodi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pretty dysfunctional here too - first noticed about an hour and a half ago and it's been the same since. Cameras all show up initially on login (browser or app) and can use live view, but no status indicators appear, there's no ability to record and motion detection isn't working. After a minute or two logged in, the cameras then all show as offline. Base station also appears offline in device settings, but there's three solid green lights on the base station itself.

Just power cycled the base station and waited a while. No change.

EDIT: Just PM'd base station serial to ChristineT.

EDIT 2: Additional details as requested in initial post.
Base Station firmware: unknown, as doesn't show up in settings while base station offline.
Device type showing offline: Arlo (original) base station, Arlo (original) cameras, Arlo Pro cameras, Arlo Pro 2 cameras
Internet Service Provider: Aussie Broadband
Exact error message: "Your Arlo device appears offline" a minute or two after login, "This Arlo device is offline" in base station settings
The application used (iOS, Android, Web): Android, Web

Rockford000
Aspirant
Aspirant
All of the sudden it has started working again, first recording was made at least over an hour ago. Thank you
CEOsaechao
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station firmware: 1.9.8.0_16666
Device type: Arlo Pro
Internet provider: xfinity
Error message: Your base station is offline. Check if it is powered up & connected to the internet.
Application used: IOS
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good day @mocodi,

Thanks for the message I am reviewing it now.

Back in touch soon!

ChristineT

____
chiper
Guide
Guide

Hi All,

Still offline across the ditch in Australia. Power cycled the unit already and all lights are on (green) but when I access the Arlo app it tells me the base station is offline. No recordings today either. 

Model: VMB4000R3 (can't beleive you cant select this model from the Model field! POOR SHOW) 

Firmware: 1.9.8.0_16666

Exact error message is "your base station is offline" 

Internet provider is not relevent to this discussion but I am using ADSL. 

Can you please confirm this thread is still being monitored even though its been marked active? 

Thanks,

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good day @chiper,

Yes, we are still monitoring this thread. Thank you for your feedback! We have seen some other community members from your region reporting the same issue. We are investigating this further.  At your earliest convenience, can you please send me a private message with your serial number?

I'll provide another update as soon as we have more details. 

Kind Regards,

Christine 

____
ilion
Tutor
Tutor

My system Base Station came back up without reboot and I can control it.

However one of three cameras is working normally now and two are showing offline. Upon 1st reboot of the base station the two offline became online and the previous online camera was offline. Another reboot swiched the status back to one online and two offline. This is really weird.

Base:

HW-Version VMB3010r2

Firmware 1.10.0.4_20963

Camera 1

HW-Version H7

Firmware 1.2.16720

Camera 2

HW-Version H7

Firmware 1.2.16720

Camera 3

HW-Version H7

Firmware 1.2.16720

chiper
Guide
Guide

Done and done 😉 

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks @chiper

@meizydavid, I am currently working to collect additional details including base station serial numbers. At your earliest convenience can you please send me a private message with your serial number and I'll escalate your information as well.

Kind Regards,

Christine 

____
meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

I CALLED MY INFORMATION INTO SUPPORT AN HOUR AGO.

what is bad about this from netgear is we use our email to login and

you cant send us notification that there is an issue, we find out ourselves

my system has not recorded anything in almost 15 hours !

and I have to find out the hard way

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

what kind of quality control do you use , NOTHING

how do you put out a firmware update that causes your 

network of users to go down ! TERRIBLE

FlCottage
Star
Star

I have 2 base stations and 9 cameras. Apparently, 1 base station either automatically updated the firmware or had not changed the firmware and is working fine. The other base station has not been working for about 24 hours and has been offline since. Unfortunately, it is the more important base station with all cameras being outdoors to protect my car and home.  I cannot provide the firmware version as it is offline. Four of the cameras are H7 and only 1 is H3.

Before I found this topic and that others were having the same problem, I rebooted several times throughout the day without change and as of this morning this base station is still offline. I rebooted this morning as well at about 4:30 AM EST.

I am located in South Florida, USA

ilion
Tutor
Tutor

Now all cameras and base station seem to work correctly again. Thanks!

The web interface is now showing an additional ear icon above every camera next to battery, wifi and movement indicator. Does that mean that the cameras can record audio now?

Dyssegaard
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem right now here in Denmark.

My Arlo Base Station (serial: 48E5817CA29BF) appears to be off line although the leftmost 3 leds are green.

Powering off and on again does not help.

Please fix ASAP.

Thanks

Rgds. Kjell

T2342344
Star
Star

Hi Arlo Staff,

Any update/ETA when this base station issue will be resolved for good as there still are number of users suffering with this blackout?

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you all for your diligence in providing us further information. We are passing along information to engineering as we receive it, and they are actively working on it. We'll keep you updated.

Dawn Marshall

Community Manager, Arlo

MicheleArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry,

The methods have disappeared. And I can no longer change the activated mode. By adding a new mode, the procedure stops when I press the End wizard button.

What can I do?

Michele

MicheleArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I mean that after the "Base Offline Problem", all the modes that I had created, they disappeared. and if I try to create a new one, the wizard crashes.

Michele