Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
EddieDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. one of my four cameras is down to 24% the others are at 60%. I did purchase the 2 battery stand alone charger, the salesman said they charge faster then the charger that comes in the box, which you need the camera to charge the battery

EddieDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also noticed that an update 2.5.3 has been issued if that will help the now stated ( In the community )rapid draining of the batteries I don't know.

Gildor1
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Pro 2's have been plugged in to AC since day 1 of installation and have never read below 100% charge.  I don't use solar panels so I don't know if it's different in that case.

bounderchris
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Spectrum and my cameras are on my Motorhome so I have used the Spectrum internet at two of my houses and with both nothing works. When I switch to the built in LTE of the motorhome they instantly start working.. this has been happening for weeks now. Netgear seriously can’t figure this out??? What gives? I can’t use my equipment now!!
Bobq650
Guide
Guide
I have the same problem my batterys have beendraining too.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@bounderchris wrote:
I have Spectrum and my cameras are on my Motorhome so I have used the Spectrum internet at two of my houses and with both nothing works. When I switch to the built in LTE of the motorhome they instantly start working.. this has been happening for weeks now. Netgear seriously can’t figure this out??? What gives? I can’t use my equipment now!!

That's not a Netgear problem - it's an issue with the configuration of your networks. Who owns the hardware for your network (modem and router)?  If it's Spectrum, you need to contact them to change the settings in your router to allow ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com. If you own the hardware, you may want to reset the router and minimally reconfigure it, being careful with security changes (other than strong passphrases for your WiFi).

bounderchris
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is the Spectrum, I am an IT professionally and I’ve already forwarded the ports. Not to mention I can’t even load this website on Spectrum i have to switch over to my AT&T phone... this has been happening for weeks now and they still haven’t fixed it..
cdnvballer99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last android  App update from  Google PlayStore seemd to have resolve my login issues, FYI

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@bounderchris wrote:
It is the Spectrum, I am an IT professionally and I’ve already forwarded the ports. Not to mention I can’t even load this website on Spectrum i have to switch over to my AT&T phone... this has been happening for weeks now and they still haven’t fixed it..

If it works on LTE but not cable, it's not a Netgear problem - it's that simple. You're going to have to work with Spectrum and/or your router to get it to work.

bounderchris
Aspirant
Aspirant
You’re not understanding. My router is an RV router it connects to the Spectrum the same way as the LTE. Via wireless. If i connect to the LTE or any other internet connection besides Spectrum it works fine. Multiple Spectrums I’m dead. All on the same router and same connection method simply a different wireless network.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My point is just that if it works at all on any particualr network, it's not a Netgear problem. Netgear isn't blocking Spectrum (I'm on Spectrum, too). It must be something about your Spectrum connection so you'll have to work with Spectrum to fix it.

bounderchris
Aspirant
Aspirant
But what is Spectrum going to do? It’s not just my connection I was visiting family in another city and their Spectrum did the same not to mention all the people on the internet complaining about the same thing with their Spectrum.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't answer that. I have Spectrum (was Time Warner, if that somehow matters) and it works fine. Are you saying that you're using your RV router on all of these connections or have you tried using someone else's network directly and it still won't work? If you haven't tried, that give it a go. If that works, it would somehow seem to be the router/Spectrum interaction.

Open a case with support here using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. Maybe they've seen this before.

Smithjdott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo needs to figure out a good for the app to correct that problem