Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Abaldaa
Guide
Guide

The problem is that you open the app and as it is loading it closes and a message appears Arlo keeps stopping

options are then given close app

send feedback.

This happens when using mobile data and wifi.

Even when i use different wifi connections it is still the same.

This has happened since the recent app update to 2.5

Previous version 2.4 was fine.

Why dont you just roll back all users to 2.4?

Then when you find out what the problem is with 2.5 release am update.

It is not ISP or data it is something in your latest release.

Thorgod1961
Guide
Guide

joecap1946
Tutor
Tutor

ARLO is back here in Florida Panhandle......both on desktop and mobile device.

dDaniel
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the message that appears to me now. Great more problems and I don't see solutions @Arlo
joecap1946
Tutor
Tutor

This was the exact message I was receiving on my desktop. The mobile device gave an error of ARLO not being available.

I'm in the Florida Panhandle so maybe it 's a slow process.  Good Luck

Rocnrus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Verizon Cell Samsung phone Spectrum internet

Yesterday I became able to log on to Arlo via the web but I could still not log in on my phone. I could not turn off WiFi because we do not have cell here In our small town. Late afternoon I left the house turned off WiFi and went to an area where I could use my phone via a Verizon tower. I was then able to log into Arlo and view pictures and live video. When I returned home everything worked fine again with WiFi turned back on. We will hope it continures that way. 🙂

Bobq650
Guide
Guide
I also have spectrum I couldn't log in either since 5/27/18 but if I turned my wifi off I was able to. It seems to be working with wifi now. The message I got before was unavailable try again later but now it's working. Strange Who is at fault?
Hondaboi2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  First off, thank you for the potential security issue.  The problem after updating my password, now when I click on my Arli icon, it no longer auto signs in. It says password is incorrect.  As mentioned I did change my password, but now both of my iPhones make me enter my password when using the app. It says password incorrect, I then enter my new password and it goes right into my Arlo.  This is fairly new as I’ve always been able just to go right into my Arlo app without ever signing off.  How do I fix this please ?  I’m sorry if I am asking this question for the millionth time, but 

SIGMACHIGUY
Initiate
Initiate
Same exact problem a few days ago. Tried the delete, power off, reinstall app and didn’t work. I too just got the iPhone X.

TRY THIS, this worked for me....delete the Arlo app and reinstall and upon initial opening of the app, install it this time hitting “SKIP TOUCH ID”. I was also hitting the “ENABLE TOUCH ID” upon initializing the newly installed app thinking that would allow Face ID but I think that’s where the glitch is. At least that worked for me, hope it works for u too!

Arlo support has always been slow and non optimal to put it in a nice way. Cheers.
SuesArlo60
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just read where Arlo was having issues with people logging in.  My issue, however, is a little different.  I'm able to log in, but now I have to put my password in every time.  This just started a couple of days ago.  It's a pain to do when I've got my hands full coming in the door.  Is this related to this log in problem others might be having?  If not, how do I change it back to the way it was?  Thank you.  Susan Harrison

whitney2006
Tutor
Tutor

ARLO is back up here in So. California.  I have Frontier and T-Mobile.  Login issue appears to have been finally addressed as I can login via my cell phone as in the recent past.

-Whitney 2006

Scubaboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is still down. Need an update now!

joecap1946
Tutor
Tutor

Susan,

This may an ongoing process....after  not being able to log in on my mobile and ARLO telling me my system was not connected on my desktop they have finally fixed the issue on my end....I didn't have the same issue as you, but I feel it's all a part of the process.

Good Luck...I'm located in the Florida Panhandle.......but it seems widespread......

Hondaboi2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Susan, that’s my exact issue. Every time I have to enter my password 😞
I wonder if this is all due to that possibly security flaw ?? Even though I changed my password, I still have to enter each time. Very aggravating. I want the “the old Arlo back “ !!!
Sasrojas
Guide
Guide

same issue here ! now my arlo is working but i constantly have to be logging in and putting in my password

FloridaGator
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not only am i not able to use WiFi on my phone to visualize the Arlo App but now i can't view live feed from my cameras through the arlo.netgear.com website. I can view my library videos but not actual live feed from my cameras. I get a message saying "connection failed". This is ridiculous. I can't believe I've spent this much money on all of this equipment and unable to actively view my camera feed for safety of my home. What if I need to view live feed and record because someone is breaking into my home? I also shouldn't have to use my cell phone data to use my Arlo App when i should be able to use my WiFi. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Also, a better way of announcing this to customers needs to be evaluated. If i hadn't gone searching through the community forum then i would have never known about this country-wide issue.

Arloproblem
Tutor
Tutor

So lets see if I have this right. Netgear (Arlo), broke it (update 2.5), and now they want us to fix it by using our cellular data and/or have our ISP change our DNS? How about instaed they fix it? As to customer sevice....their is none. Would not buy Arlo Pro again. Will update if and when Netgear figures out what they are doing for their "valued customers". In the meantime. I may or may not have a reliable home security system that I paid for. 

spiderzaur
Tutor
Tutor
JUST ROLL BACK THE STUPID UPDATE YOU MADE FEW WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!!

WHY BREAK SOMETHING ALREADY WAS WORKING FINE!

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
AlvinAida
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can now use my home WiFi,. But now I have to sign in every time I visit the app. By the time I’m signed in, the person at the front door is gone. Please fix.
cpeters
Star
Star

ARLO,

LETS GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT.   YOU BROKE YOUR SYSTEM, NOT US.   THERE WILL BE NO "WORKAROUNDS", SINCE THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM, YOU MUST FIX IT.  ITS TIME YOU MAN (OR WOMAN) UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY RATHER THAN PUSHING YOUR PROBLEMS ON THE ISP's, OR DNS, OR SOME OTHER COP-OUT EXCUSE YOU KEEP MAKING.  YOU JACKED IT UP, SO NOW YOU HAVE TO FIX IT.  BOTOOM LINE IS, YOU WILL END UP EITHER LOSING A LOT OF MONEY AT A MINIMUM, OR GO OUT OF BUSINESS FOR YOUR INCOMPETENCE AND LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT.  GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, SINCE YOU WILL ULTIMATELY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES, OF LOSING A BUTT-LOAD OF MONEY OVER THIS MESS, YOU CREATED, NOT US.

jeepers8327
Guide
Guide
Still unable to get my cameras to work!! Internet is spectrum and I use an Ethernet cable, app is on iPhone 6S+ with Verizon, in Central Florida
Secured
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates on the fix. Having exact same issue for over 24hrs. We have a baby monitor too that has not worked all this time which is ridiculous and unacceptable.
SadaPvrc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got my arlo resolved by changing the password. Arlo sent a notification to update password. Once we did that yesterday everything worked perfectly.
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since this issue started after I changed my password I was wondering if that caused it. I also have the send to verify email alerts and when I do that I never receive anything and it won't go away . However , I seem to be receiving alerts. 

Thorgod1961
Guide
Guide