Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
kgmeehan
Guide
Guide

Just verified - cannot connect from Google internet connection but can successfully launch and view from phone on AT&T connection.  Interesting that even though I cannot connect on the WIfi, my Base Station (which is connected to the Wifi) is functioning just fine. FYI..

PoshNitash
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cant not login to view my camera feed. My provider is spectrum.
Vmb4000
JBSi
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are a Spectrum user.  We switched to cellular ATT and the system works now,   Still down on Spectrum wifi

HiloRain
Guide
Guide

"We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

WiFi : Spectrum / Oceanic Time Warner

Device : Android

EC319
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are with Frontier, can’t login all day still.

arlo pro vmb4000 from costco

Firewater
Aspirant
Aspirant
Log in problem. Spectrum Cable Plano TX. Bought and installed system yesterday and after two hours of working I can no longer log in. Not very happy.
laportto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iphone on latest ios, verizon cell service, mediacom isp. Get error sorry unable to connect due to internet connectivity issues when on wifi. Turn off wifi and lets me right in. Ive tested seceral other wifi devices all on same network and all work fine (eg ring doorbell, ihome light switch etc.
Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Firewater ,

Don't expect it to get any better. The last update destroyed what little reliability arlo had and that wasn't much. Consider taking it back before your stuck with it like the rest of us. As you can see there is ZERO support. 

Stevey678
Tutor
Tutor

I have Spectrum and I have the same login issue

nuclearscott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum wifi using a samsung s8 plus
ABBean
Star
Star
I am a Spectrum user. I have an android phone and cannot use the app on Wi-Fi. I have a desktop that is running Windows 10 and using the web app and this does not work either. What is the problem? Is it on spectrums end or what?
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

DON'T BUY ARLO PRODUCTS!!!

Ron254T
Tutor
Tutor

Verizon Wireless works fine.  As reported already Spectrum Internet service seems to be the culprit for me. in Central Texas

fourshermans
Initiate
Initiate
Only getting the error when on Spectrum WiFi. Works fine on Verizon LTE.
fajoiner1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the 2 pack Arlo Pro with Base station.
Service provider is AT&T, Verizon and Spectrum cable.
Jaureguil201
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use frontier communication as my provider (Wi-Fi) and my device type is iOS. I can not log on to see my cameras as I get a cannot log on because of internet connectivity issue.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I was no longer having the login problem on my iPad after deleting and re-installing the app, but my iPhone X was still getting the error message once or twice before allowing me in.  So I thought I’d try enabling Touch ID which I assumed would be face recognition on the X.  After setting the Touch ID slider, the Arlo app just crashed repeatedly when I tried to open it.  Over and over.  So I closed the app from memory by clicking on the minus sign (equivalent to flicking an app up on an IPhone that is not a X), then deleted the app off my iPhone and then I rebooted my iPhone.  After that, I reinstalled the app from the App Store.  I was able to login and I’ve been able to get in without an error several times since then.  You might try this process.  Delete the app from memory, delete the app from the phone, reboot the phone, then reinstall the app.

tednc
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue. It works on ATT LTE. But not on Spectrum wifi. But I can’t also access Arlo web site from laptop. It says can’t access server.? It’s only happening after I changed Arlo password as instructed
Brianly123
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is listed as resolved on the website? I don't know about anyone else but it is certainly NOT resolved for me. I cannot access the service through the web or app via WiFi. So I cannot use my tablet to view and conttol my cameras or security lights.
Gbrac
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum wifi 100mbps ,, verizon cell provider, android device.
Stevey678
Tutor
Tutor

I can log in using my VZW cellular data, but not with Spectrum. Anyone see the common denominator?

Bruce29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum provider

iOS 11.3

Cannot log in
Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resolved??? LMFAO..... Almost 12 hours now with no service. No customer support. I don't think they know what that word means. 

tednc
Tutor
Tutor
Spectrum Wi-Fi is working for all other sites and apps. It has to be an Arlo/netgear server issue.
toekneedice
Aspirant
Aspirant
Notifications are lagging.
And not even close to when sensor is activated.
Getting the message sorry unable to log in.
Iphone user. T-Mobile carrier., spectrum Ethernet connection.