Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
GBart302
Star
Star

Reset my Router (Netgear) & hard reset my modem and have no resolution. Why would ONE website not work?

Ermiyahira44
Aspirant
Aspirant

barnwpk
Aspirant
Aspirant

No one or it would be fixed by now.  Still down.

Mshinn65
Aspirant
Aspirant

At&T is service provider. Havent been able to log in all day.

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

This better be resolved before tomorrow. 

Elessar18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any chance the current connectivity error has anything to do with the reported router malware attack that was reported right about the same time the Arlo login system went down? I am just asking.
mikeksr51
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just turned off my Frontier WiFi and was able to log in via my T-Mobile cellular network.
Osirs78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having problems logging on.

Service provider: Spectrum
Cellular carrier: AT&T
Device: IOS
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

My problem appears to be different.  I can login ok today via WiFi or LTE.  I’ve had some problems now and then, but I get in.  I just have a few cameras that no longer connect and those same cameras will report motion and show that they are recording, but I don’t get an email notification (just push) and there is no recording for the motion reported.  Also when o try to do a Live View, those cameras just don’t respond or I get an error message.  I managed to get one to respond with a black image and spotty audio, so I changed the setting to the lowest video quality and I seemed to get a little video along with my spotty audio.

I have Arlo cameras at four different locations.  Only a few cameras at one location are currently given me a problem.  They also appear to be the cameras that are the farthest away from the base station.  These are on a lake in New England and I’m wondering if someone set up new WiFi transmission sources in proximity to my home there.  Shifting to LTE on my mobile devices doesn’t help, since my cameras are still on local Wi-Fi. 

I’m slowly migrating to wired cameras that don’t use cloud recording to reduce my dependence on wireless stability (or instability) and cloud server uptime and accessibility.  They all have their pros and cons, of course.

Davidshane81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having issues at home on wifi using spectrum, having issues with AT&T wireless, and having issues with Sprint. It has said Arlo is unavailable since middle of the day yesterday.
steirerbua
Aspirant
Aspirant
FYI, as of 20:20 EDT, I am still unable to log into my Arlo Pro cams account

Chris C
Arloproblem
Tutor
Tutor

I too have buyers remore. Especially since Netgear has been less than candid about the outage. Told me system has only been expeiencing problems for "two hours". Not factual. It's been days now. In all for the class action that is being suggested...and a full refund.

Davidshane81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having issues at home on wifi using spectrum, having issues with AT&T wireless, and having issues with Sprint. It has said Arlo is unavailable since middle of the day yesterday.
ziad
Initiate
Initiate

Phishing: Sending emails to users to login directly to IP address? This is fishing attempt! Never give your password to unauthenticated website!

JNN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have not been able to log in to app all day.. bith cellular and wifi connections.
NancyS1802
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still can’t login my Arlo using the apps.
I use iPhone 7 with iOS 11.3.1.
My internet service provider is Spectrum with NetgearNighthawk x6 router.

I receive the an error message when I am trying to login when my device is connected to the WiFi.
Kingmoofustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Experiancing the issue:
Spectrum internet
Buda, tx
Orbi router
Bobq650
Guide
Guide
That's what mine says I have spectrum. Can't logon since 5/27/18
naungayanmac25
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are also experiencing this inconvenient
We are from Porter Tx, using Suddenlink as internet provider at home.. and Android user for mobile app.
JayJay77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Carrier is Frontier Communications formerly known as Verizon fios. I’m having problems logging into my aacount and receiving notifications.
HarasTaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still Unable to login. States sorry internet connectivity issues. We reset Base station, then removed it. 
No problem surfing the web or being on community forum. Still no connectivity.

BetaUser3000
Guide
Guide
Thanks for your VPN suggestion. From my android tablet and android smartphone both connected to my home Spectrum WiFi, I started my VPN app on both devices and connected to a VPN server in Los Angeles. I was able to log into my android arlo app on both devices using two different email addresses, view live feeds from my cameras, look at my recordings in my library, fully functional. Until arlo resolves this issue, the VPN app will do. I use TorGuard VPN, only $15 for 6 months ( special discount at the time I signed up ).

To summarize,

1 - Arlo app works if my android smartphone is on Verizon 4G-LTE network

2- does not work if connected to home Spectrum WiFi

3- does work on my home Spectrum WiFi if I connect to a VPN server using my Torguard VPN app on my android phone
Squires
Aspirant
Aspirant
Verizon cellular provider. Spectrum cable internet provider. iPhone X. I’m having this issue didn’t happen until today.
Lokobous
Guide
Guide
Still getting " sorry app down" spectrum internet sprint HTC android
Lizv0809
Aspirant
Aspirant
Connection problems getting no internet connectivity message.. I have spectrum wifi