Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
GWROG34
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry DawnM, it only worked for a short time after turning WiFi back on. Now I get the same message as everyone else.
jceloria
Tutor
Tutor
Spectrum in Austin... I just switched the DNS my router uses to OpenDNS and can now login using WiFi. Apparently Arlo has updated their DNS and Spectrum is still catching the old address.
js8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Here's another one to test, as I'm still one of the impacted ones, sorry to say, that continue to say "sorry... can't login in", etc.  I'm on iphone8, AT&T wifi network with latest firmware, as it worked just fine 2+ days ago.  I did get a quick message saying something like "change your password" for security reasons, before it stopped working (I didn't change anything)... did your company get malware server problems?  I've deleted the app and restarted the app, still the same issue.  I will reboot the base and see what happens then?  I will restart phone as well.  Thank you if you have any other suggestions? 

MikeArlo65
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMS3430 - 4 Security cam Arlo kit.

Just bought a brand new kit and unable to create account (arlo.netgear.com is down). Doesn't work with WiFi and LTE.

I'm in Quebec, Canada

ISP : Bell

Cell phone provider : Rogers

I will wait 24-48 hours and return the box if it's not fixed!

TinaA
Star
Star
How does Spectrum fix the DNS ?
LAViking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to login to my Arlo account (dashboard) on my computer through both Safari and Chrome browsers, my service provider is Spectrum.  Also unable to login on my Arlo App on iPhone 7 / iOS 11.3 while on WiFi (Spectrum), BUT i can login on iOS app when on LTE through T-Mobile.

Hope that helps and that Netgear finds a solution to the issue sooner rather than later.

peek_out
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 phone apps in household:

both phones are Verizon Android

login issue began on both phones after we changed passwords per Arlo recommendation

repeated restarting of phone and basestation, re-installation of phone app did not help

Bahog_Beeko
Star
Star

Thank you @jceloria

Yes. It works like a charm after I tested it last night. 🙂 

I will post some steps soon. Please also post how you exactly tweaked your router's DNS settings jceloria. Thanks again. 

MikeDaCajun
Guide
Guide

I can confirm that changing the DNS server on my router worked. After changing my DSN server to googles free DNS server it has been working on wifi. I no longer have cellular turned on on my ios ipad. I turned the ipad off and back on with only wifi engaged on my ipad and it continues to login to my arlo without issues.

Looks like @DawnM may have figured this one out!

Larryjody
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the connectivity issue. I am with AT&T and it is happening on all iOS devices(iPhone 8+ and iPad Air 2)

Pdcleff
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having the same problem on an iPad and an android phone... cannot access the arlo app via WiFi but can access it through verizon cellular network.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Have not been able to login to Arlo for quite some time. Also trying to send a forgot password message to my email and that does not work...getting very frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RichardT
Tutor
Tutor

My service provider is Google Fiber.  I can not view my cameras via the Arlo website on my computer.  I have an iPhone 6s with T-Mobile.  The Arlo iPhone app works only if I turn off my wifi.

Bearbait
Aspirant
Aspirant
Suddenlink WiFi. Verizon cellular iOS 11.3. Service came back for a little while and now back to the error.
Bethred2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use spectrum internet and have Verizon on my phone. The devices I am using to connect are both on iOS
Pawnee
Initiate
Initiate
I m having the log in issue. I have an Android and use Verizon cell service.
bdbader
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the arlo pro 4 camera set up and am out here in southern california. my internet provider is spectrum it is saying that your servers ip address could not be found

Dt2573
Aspirant
Aspirant

unable to access via IOS app on phones or Ipad. Getting inernet connectivity message( internet is fine). Tried logging in via Chrome on desktop, was able to lo9g in bur cannot access any cameras, link is dead says Arlo server does not exist.

Jdizzzzzo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Getting that message. Im in Hawaii and have Spectrum as my internet service provider. First two lights are green. Third, which looks like the camera one, is amber. Reset, hard and soft multiple times. No changes. Viewing from AT&T on a android device. Unable to view within home network on wifi as well.
MightyMartian
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m on Spectrum WiFi and using the iOS app. “No connectivity” since this morning. It does work if turn off and switch to Verizon LTE.
MikeDaCajun
Guide
Guide

It is not Netgear issue,  it is due to your ISP's DNS server!!!!

I Changed my DNS server to a free DNS server. See some free one's below. After changing that everything from computer, cell and ipad work flawlessly.   Even rebooting my phone and ipad without the cellular turned on worked like a charm!

Login to your router and find the dns server page.  Google free DSN servers and choose one(or see below for a few). Type in the ip and save. you are now back in the game!

I even turned off celllular and rebooted my ipad. All working!

Free DNS server addresses.

Provider Primary DNS Server Secondary DNS Server
Quad94 9.9.9.9 149.112.112.112
DNS.WATCH5 84.200.69.80 84.200.70.40
Comodo Secure DNS 8.26.56.26 8.20.247.20
OpenDNS Home6 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220
jceloria
Tutor
Tutor
Glad to hear it worked for you @Bahog_Beeko, as far as what I did to change that option will differ from what I would imagine most people would need to do as my networking setup at home is different. Depending on the cable modem/ router setup there should be an option in the modem/ router setup page that allows you to automatically set DNS or specify which servers to use. Here are some detailed instructions from OpenDNS: https://www.opendns.com/setupguide/
Crosscheck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't log in on anything (phone, laptop, desktop) connected to WIFI (spectrum), but switching WIFI off on phone, I can log in (sprint).

Skyfire
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still cant login, Android App, IOS App and PC Browser FF and Chrome. ISP is TPG Internet AU

Also note arlo.netgear.com seems to be down and can't be reached which is the login URL for My Arlo and I would assume the apps. Can someone please get this resolved.

holasang
Aspirant
Aspirant

still having issue.

Internet - Frontier Communication