Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
theyams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't login on my phone unless wi-fi is turned off. That's not good because I have poor phone reception in my home and need wi-fi. Also, can't log on to the website from my desktop.

This site can’t be reached

arlo.netgear.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Obviously there's more to this that just my phone app.  I'm in Los Angeles Co. on Spectrum internet and my cell phone is Galaxy S7 on Verizon.

UPDATE: As of 2:50 pm, I can at least get to the Arlo website on my desktop now. But phone will still not connect with wi-fi.

jwjcatlaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still having connection issues. I’m getting an error message that reads “Sorry; we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues. Do you want to try again.” Ive restarted my phone and the app a few times. Cameras are working and recording as I’m getting push notifications. I’m on iPhone 7 and Spectrum.
Ladd03
Aspirant
Aspirant
WiFi - Mediacom
Cellular-Att
Device- iPhone 7+

Can’t log in for last two days!
GWROG34
Aspirant
Aspirant
I turned off WiFi and logged in with cell data, no problem. Turned WiFi back on and it’s working now.
Arlo_User_123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo,

Since yesterday I have been unable to log in using the Arlo App on my iPhone. I am able to log in using a computer but not via the app. I have tried (1) uninstalling and re-installing the app; (2) shutting down and restarting the phone; (3) shutting down and restarting the Arlo base station; (4) shutting down and restarting the wifi modem and router. 

My wifi is working fine and I am able to connect to all other websites using all my other devices.

The error on the Arlo app says ..."Sorry; we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues."

This is very disappointing for such as expensive camera system. Please resolve immediately and notify everyone affected.

Sloanest
Initiate
Initiate
This "internet connectivity" issue, now going on for nearly 2 days, is outrageous. I'm about to return my recently purchased Arlo Pro system just on the basis of this. Fix this now!
Crabmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem with login.

Internet connectivity issue on our IPADs.

Arlo is currently unavailable on our Android phones.

Our WiFi server is Spectrum TV

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@DawnM Yes in my case I could connect with mobile data. By changing my DNS server from Spectrum choice to fixed open DNS server, the problem resolved. This particular issue seems to be a conflict where the Spectrum chosen DNS server does not recognize the Arlo camera url. 

Kielmarkr
Guide
Guide
It is not working again with WiFi. It does work with cellular. Need an answer on this issue fast!
hwill24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spectrum is my cable/WiFi provider in Tampa, Fl. I cannot login on the app or computer when home. 

gators01
Aspirant
Aspirant
My ISP is spectrum of tampa bay. I have verizon cellular service and using a gakaxy S9.
Vina
Aspirant
Aspirant
Android phone app. Does not work on wifi or cell network (Sprint)... Home internet is charter spectrum

**Edit** it works on cell network Sprint. But not on WiFi (currently parents' time Warner spectrum)
Kj2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solved

NCBAS43
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cannot connect. Problem has persisted for 24 hrs now. Wi-Fi provider is Spectrum and phones are Android.
jasonsoochow
Aspirant
Aspirant

more info:

att 4g lte from android phone doesn't have the login error message and seems be able to view the library, but no access to the mode setting.

possmo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have WOW internet in Columbus, GA.  I am unable to connect to arlo.netgear.com from my phone or laptop when using WIFI.  However, the phone will connect with Verizon LTE and the laptop will connect if I turn on my VPN.

TinaA
Star
Star
Yes Dawn.......Turning off your home WiFi -(Spectrum for me) to your iPhone (ATT in my case) allows your to log in via LTE and the Arlo app and functions work. Turn on your WiFi to your iPhone your get the canned unable to connect verbage. If you would kindly read 10 of the previous pages of this on going thread, just about everyone is saying the same thing. When I called Arlo support the tech support person was aware of this issue this morning via their own iPhones. Sooo please advise when this will be resolved??
barnwpk
Aspirant
Aspirant

still having the log in problem.  can no longer see camera.  any idea when fix will be in

Urbangeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using Pixel on project fi network (sprint and tmobile). Androids app doesn't work on cellular on either network. Current ISP is Frontier Tampa bay, doesn't work either unless I utilize VPN. In that case I'm hitting Arlo servers from somewhere in Atlanta. When I was at a friend's house, it didn't work as well. Their ISP was Spectrum.
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes I have the exact same problem. The “Arlo team” says they resolved sign on yesterday, but evidently they broke something else in the process.
Arlo-please fix!
Jianf1277
Aspirant
Aspirant
As I try to login on my apple iPhone Arlo app I been getting a message.. can’t connect due to internet connectivity issues and my internet is working 100%
Myles1991
Guide
Guide
Anyone having issues with logging into My Arlo on the webpage too?! Nothing is working ahhhhhhh
M24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can’t log in. Help
Ghostbuster
Star
Star

Yes, my cameras are accessible by cellphone not home WiFi system.

Dlmj1972
Aspirant
Aspirant
App works on cellular (T-Mobile).
App does not work on WiFi (Google Fiber)