Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
zamberlan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not able to log into mobile app or even via computer. Continue to get message that not able to connect to internet or server site is down. Accessing internet for all other activity today but only Arlo Pro site not working. What is the problem? Got email that you had suspicious activity with recommendation to change passwords. My ability to log in and check cameras was working up until around 11pm on 5/27/18.  This needs to be resolved ASAP.  If you have been hacked get your security in place and ensure us we are not at risk b/c someone else can see into our homes/cameras.   

Do we need to take camera's offline to protect our privacy?

BetaUser3000
Guide
Guide
Like many have suggested, I turned off my WiFi on my android phone to use my Verizon cellular network, I was able to log into my arlo account. However, my two arlo pro cameras are draining battery - was 85% several days ago, now 25%. I am afraid to restart my base station in fear it won't reconnect to any of my cameras. Also no recordings captured all day and night on Sunday which is impossible because I had many people cone over on Sunday afternoon and evening. Also I can't be on 4G Verizon for rest of week because my monthly usage is down to 23% and my billing cycle does not reset until June 2nd when I get a fresh 2GB.
gtolstykh
Initiate
Initiate

Turning WiFi off on iPhone works, but on the homepage you get this:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page

Try this

rszychulski
Initiate
Initiate

Do you have an estimate of how long it is going to take to repair the connectivity issue?

Sennafan
Initiate
Initiate
Any update on log in issue ? I am still getting error message at 8:55am Pacific time.
BennyEv
Initiate
Initiate
This has not been resolved. Please give us an estimated fix time. Just spent big $$$ On this product and am currently very annoyed at the fact it is not working.
blackndecker
Tutor
Tutor
Very interesting! If i turn my wifi off it works. Ok! So thats a problem. Im not going to turn my wifi off everytime I need to log in. This needs to be addressed please.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a DNS problem and Netgear doesn't supply that. For your home network, I strongly suggest changing the default DNS servers in your router from the ISP's to either Google or OpenDNS. I did that years ago due to various DNS issues with Time Warner and never looked back. Some services are just better than others.

CJC77
Initiate
Initiate

Still experiencing login issues. https://arlo.netgear.com/ "can't be reached" to change password. Did you take the site down? Current status?

srwhita
Initiate
Initiate

I am so ready to ditch the Arlo System, all we have is troubles with it. For all the money I paid for these security cameras I would think it would work all the time. 

Willjohn1517
Tutor
Tutor
Ever get the sense that no on from the company is listening? This might all be an outlet to vent.. which Netgear gives lip service about monitoring to help resolve issues. Totally frustrated with these ongoing IT issues and a woeful support system!
Dubear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing here! As long as I am not connected to the network the arlo base station is connected to, I can connect to the app.
rszychulski
Initiate
Initiate

Turning off my wi-fi as was suggested by another poster worked. I was then able to connect. After that I turned my wifi back on and was still able to connect.

jadeinnboyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. It started last night. Sunday 5/27/18. I currently cannot login with Wifi. The screen on the app shows "Sorry; we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues. Do you want to try again?" My wifi is running perfectly fine at 100mbps with Time Warner/Spectrum. But still doesn't work signing in with the app. However when using my phone data Sprinte LTE the app works fine.

Rensarns
Initiate
Initiate
Since you cannot fix your issues, i want a complete refund for all my cameras and yearly costs.
blackndecker
Tutor
Tutor
Turn your wifi off and use your cellular connection if your on your mobile device. This will at least let you login to make your changes and arm and disarm. At least untill they figure out what is going on. .
EddieDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes as stated on the previous messages, I did turn off my Wi-Fi and got connected but when I set my Wi-fi back on I wasn't able to log on.

wesley65
Star
Star

Still not working. Mine has been off since 8pm yesterday.

Dalejenn1
Initiate
Initiate
OK whats the problem........
Cant log in.... . As of 10pm last night get your chrap together or its going back to best buy ....
Tetsuo10
Aspirant
Aspirant
WiFi fails with internet connectivity issue. I am on Google fiber. On cell data, it seems to work fine.
Smithta
Initiate
Initiate

Is the system still down? I cannot log in to do anything with my cameras.

RLeigh
Tutor
Tutor

Connectivity issue for me since starting about at the point the Arlo email was received suggesting re-setting password for security reasons.  Unfortunately, the connection to my account through Arlo App or online online has been sketchy every since.  Cannot reset password if can't connect.  Hoping this is resolved sooner than later. Makes it tough in the middle of the night when your cameras are going off and you can't access.  Rough last night. 

ABBean
Star
Star
It's because your using that over priced iphone.
Rose22
Initiate
Initiate
We are still having issues logging on to our system through the Arlo app
Vakajt
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo system will not let us sign in to the system.

2 days ago we received a message to change our password, this was completed.

Today we can not login to the app. Is there an update that we need to install?