Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Starting yesterday Arlo won’t let me login to the iPhone app when I’m on my home WiFi. It will allow me to login if I turn WiFi off.
Come on Arlo, please!
BladeCanyon
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same problem, starting this morning.  My Android phone app will not connect if I'm on Wifi, it says "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable, please try again later."  But if I switch off Wifi and go cellular, then it works.  This does not help me on the Samsung tablet, which gets the same error message and has no cellular option.

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still down on east coast (charter/spectrum internet) but works on cell data. Just using data overnight I went from 86% to 76% of my available data and i wasnt even checking the camera's. I DO NOT HAVE UNLIMITED DATA SO I can't leave it on. Have been on hold for support for 25 min but no one answers even though it said the wait time was 10 min. I bought ths because I needed it to work over wifi or the internet. Wtf is going on??? I see people talking about work arounds but I'm not a fkn computer engineer. This crap has been going on since march. Think others are right - it's time for a class action lawsuit. $800-1000 in product that doesn't work is pushing felony theft levels in some states.

As I was typing this I got through to someone - could not understand his name or any identifying information. He told me my system was working fine on his end. I told him that it for sure was not. Then he blamed it on disabling or reenabling 4g/lte?? I told him this was the same "system down" error people in this forum have been reporting since last nite. He mumbled something and out me back on hold. Total hold time now has been 42 minutes, total time spent talking to someone about the issue 4 min. 

Pathetic. 

BladeCanyon
Tutor
Tutor

jrhancock
Guide
Guide
@DawnM is not responding to questions and we can't through to support so does anyone else know any other moderators or managers we can talk to? Looks like we may get quicker response by calling the better business bureau.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Can you provide an update on the issues most of us have had since the updates around the 15th? When do you expect to have everything back online? How about giving all users a full refund of system price so we can buy systems that actually work?
LunarFull
Star
Star

Working on HIS end?????

The arlo system is up we know.

Do they use sats in space to reach us on OUR end??

Im still WAITING IN LOS ANGELES!!!!

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tech support guy finally came back on the phone, total call time 55 min. Said my system has been reported as one of the "few" effected accounts...few?? That since its been reported when there is a fix they (who is they?) will push an update for the app and that should fix it. Again the issue is I don't leave my phone on data use all the time because I don't have unlimited data. I asked if there was any idea on an eta getting this fixed and he casually said no and sorry for the inconvenience. 

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Maybe their IT person is off for the holiday. Although I don't think they celebrate U. S. Memorial Day where their IT people are.

ControlTower
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Seems to work when you are not connected to the home WiFi thru cellular. Significant issues with highly unusual behaviors on login. Please advise. 

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Austin TX--Web site has been closed since last night. It is now 9:15 central time and still not working.

Sanda
Aspirant
Aspirant
As many have said before, the problem seemed to have been related to accessing the app while on WiFi (at least when using an iPhone). The problem seems to have been resolved.

FYI, I had the same issue (I.e. logging into an app from my iPhone) with other apps (example of error message: can’t log in, network unstable — only happening when on WiFi) so the problem was not necessarily just with the Arlo app but seems a more widespread iPhone / WiFi issue.
Archer007
Guide
Guide

Hey Dawn, heres what Ive found with my setup if youd like to pass it on to the dev team. It’s something to do with the 2.4 band signal.

My Netgear/Arlo devices:

- 4 Arlo pro cams and 1 Arlo pro 2 cam all running latest firmware. Also newest model base station.

- Netgear router WNDR3700v2 (dual band 2.4 &5g)

My 3rd party devices: 

- iphone 7s running ios 11.3.1 with Arlo 2.5.1 app

- ipad pro running ios 11.3.1 with Arlo 2.5.1 app

When on my home wifi 2.4g band, and attempting to log in to the Arlo app through my iphone, I am only able to do so once, immediately after the phone has been restarted. If I close the app and try to log in again a 2nd time, I get the message “Sorry; we’re having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues.”  If I switch my phone to the 5g band I can log in repeatedly with no issue. I can also log in with no issue through my carrier/not on wifi. Also, when on the 2.4 band all other apps and web browsing services work as normal on my devices - so I dont believe it to be a failing antenna.  I first noticed the login issues 5/28/18.  The same scenario just described applies to my ipad pro as well.

Community:

try jumping on your 5g band if possible; it may allow you to log in like it did me. Not a permanent solution by any means though.

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've got the same problem - mine actually started last night.

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well that really isn't my issue. Maybe if they had US based tech support this wouldn't be an issue? Interestingly enough I specifically asked where their support was located before I bought this and the person I spoke with via netgear's main number said US based in California. More arlo/netgear bs. 

thowgo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's Monday and this issue persists.  What is the ETA for resolution?  What is the resolution?  Security isn't secure if the system is down.

Sanda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, the website works fine for me from my phone (desktop version of the site)
Yukonjac
Aspirant
Aspirant

csalced1
Tutor
Tutor
Still not working 5/28, 7:26 AM when using iOS app. Works if I turn off wifi, and Yes- continues to accept my old password to login. Please give costomwts a voucher to return your product already, your branding is sound wheras your products font hold up to securty standards on apps.
TinaA
Star
Star

Called Arlo support.  They are experiencing the same problems with their test iPhone and iPads.  I was told to wait 3-4 hours and their techs should have solved the issues.  

MRoyal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Receiving continuous message when attempting to login to app -  "Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues.  Do you want to try again?"  Obviously, no internet issues with me logging this message through web browser.  I have removed app on wireless device and readded and still experiencing. 

Raven6417
Tutor
Tutor

BEWARE of FAKE Arlo support numbers on the web! 

They claim there are no reported issues and say since this is only your issue want to charge a fee to place a fake ticket..

i haven’t found a real customer service number yet but if these numbers that seem fake because the tech has no clue there’s an issue even though it’s on their community and Facebook then there’s more than a poor turnaround with tech issues with this company!

AnthonyT74
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are there any updates regarding this issue? I've read quite a bit of the thread, but nothing informative about the reason for the issue. I am still having problems logging in. I am going on day two without having access to my cameras.
Sup
Tutor
Tutor
App flickers between empty black and white screens till it shutdowns. Started May 27 around 10pm.
Toddyman88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any repair for
Not being able
To log in yet?
I still can’t get into my cameras today.
celso1952
Initiate
Initiate
I am also experiencing login issues but my wife is not. I noticed that the problem appears with the use of a Wi-Fi connection. My Wi-Fi was enabled. I disabled Wi-Fi and was able to connect right away. I check my wife's connection and she had Wi-Fi disabled. The thing is there is not an issue with my Wi-Fi because my Wi-Fi works fine accessing other sites.