Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

My system is still down since you gave us "the good news". Can someone tell me what is really wrong ?

Lottiegal
Initiate
Initiate
This is not acceptable. We paid good money to record a AVO incident and this has resulted in us missing footage as we can’t see what the cameras are filming after setting them up. Compensation required.
Wdldsesps
Aspirant
Aspirant
Went offline last night. Now I’m getting alerts but cannot log in with app or thru internet log in. Other system user can log in. Why can’t I.? What is going on?
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks

Disabling the wifi on my phone worked too. Now I will have to pay for data usage, I don't have unlimited data and I don't think Arlo will re-imburse.

BrianDev
Tutor
Tutor

Some users? The site is completely down. DNS seems to be screwed up. Maybe connected to the prior day's suggestion about suspicious activity and changing your password? Are you guys suffering from a coordinated attack on the infrastructure?

I find it completely unsettling that a company who's product is all about security is so non-transparent about what's really going on. When the site is completely down and DNS won't resolve, there should be more than "we are investigating" updates.

Taylor121217
Tutor
Tutor
Had this issue last night couldn’t load cameras from any device. Also had tried just on cell service and the same issue. Tried again this morning same issues. As of right now I am able to view from app through cell service but not WiFi on phone or computer. Guess I’m going to eat through data because of it. My internet is spectrum and cell is sprint. Seems like this is happening with multiple company providers and even some people not being able to use their cell providers. Hope this get fix quickly as it’s going on 12 hours now.
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

This seems to happen on holiday weekends alot.

TinaA
Star
Star

So now my WiFi iPad picks up the Arlo notifications but the iPad will not connect to the Arlo servers.  The iPhone off WiFi functions as normal and the alerts and notifications are working.  I know it’s Memorial Day but your smartest geeks need to fix it today.  Please update users.  We shouldn’t have to figure out our own work arounds.  

Willjohn1517
Tutor
Tutor
So many bugs over past 2 weeks. Now, on wifi I can’t sign into the apple app. Get the connectivity issue message. If I go in the app without the wifi on via 4G cell service it works. HELP!!!!!!!!!
bciomber
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please help! This login issue is taking too long to fix. I’ve had nothing but problems since your latest update. Very frustrating!!
TLR71
Guide
Guide
It appears there is no linkage between cell phone or ISP. Users are reporting the same issues with all carriers. However, it is odd turning off WiFi works for some but not all. I’m not sure if the issue is limited to iPhone users?
RichardT
Tutor
Tutor

The website https://arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras is not working.  Can you give us a solution besides turning off WiFi?  I use my computer primarily and my wife uses her iPad with wifi.  Your current solution is unacceptable.

TheJim
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's looking more like "all users" of the app and not just "some." And the issue continues this AM.

guillermoc89
Aspirant
Aspirant

still not up 05/28/2018 easter time usa 9:18am

Slimer9300
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update to this issue. I cannot log in from phone or computer. It’s armed and can not disarm. Cannot view any of the cameras. Is this related to the message attempting to get a sign in. I got one of the suspicious messages but did not click on it.
Needmorecoffee
Tutor
Tutor
I am still not able to login to the Arlo application. I see on Twitter that this is fixed, butnot for me.
ABBean
Star
Star

Dang, WTH is going on with you guys? Can you not get this system back up and running? Everyone in this community has paid some serious money for your system(s) and you all are getting big bucks to keep this system running, but its appearent that your staff has inadequacies in which they cannot fix, repair, patch up or isolate the problem. Sounds like you all are having a DOS (Denial of Service) problem. Social Media can clear up their sites quicker than ARLO can.

ABBean
Star
Star

Sounds like a DOS (Denial of Service) problem. 

Jti67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still can not login to account 

Pbhoffman
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having nothing but issues. It says everything is offline and will not let me login to my app. Before this, push notifications have not been working. I would go days to find out it has been recording what it chooses to record but not sending me any notifications. I could walk by the camera and it would record, 5 minutes later walk the same route and it wouldn’t record.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
same issue push notifications doesn’t work well it randomly work
Slimer9300
Aspirant
Aspirant
Must be spectrum / arlo system or other internet system communications issues as when off WiFi I can Connect to my system.
Holl2445
Star
Star

Still having issues logging in....Any time frame as to when it will be fixed have a arlo pro and have spetrum and verzion

LunarFull
Star
Star

For me it has been over 12 hours. I could login with ipad, BUT I still get the amber unavailable message and  the cam shots all say offline, I would really like to turn off cameras while THEY try and let us use ipad to enjoy the use of ARLO,

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO LOGIN ARLO NETGEAR THRU XBOX, WHICH APP THEN WHAT.?

(I dont have a regular desk computer) I have spectrum cable for internet running my xbox and this ipad.

I will have to have only one on the app at a time.

I WANT TO TRY RUNNING ARLO THRU THE XBOX. (just to see if it will work somehow.)

THANK YOU!!!!!

jz100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fremont California. When I use Arlo app on my iPhone, it has been saying your base station is offline since late Friday.