Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Nicispriceless
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still having Problems
Dedo2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, problem not solved - still unable to access system due to internet problems! Please fix!!

DubYa89
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm getting a message that says internet connectivity issues
Rob_B
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having issues with sign in. 1:05 am 5/28/18
jrhancock
Guide
Guide
@DawnM

As evidenced from several users, including myself, this issue is not resolved.

Also, we are still waiting on answers to the questions below so we respectfully request you escalate to management for answers/resolution.

Can you provide an update on all issues most of us have had since the updates around the 15th? When do you expect to have *everything* back online? How about giving all users a full refund of system price so we can buy systems that actually work?
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

For those of you that are still experiencing this issue, can you please provide what ISP and/or cell provider you are using? Thank you in advance!

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

Naveronski
Initiate
Initiate

This is not at all resolved. How are you this **bleep**ing retarded?!

Bahog_Beeko
Star
Star
Hey guys,

Can anybody tell if most of us posting here are Cable Internet subscribers? I am with Comcast too.
Fy27
Star
Star
So now you want to blame our isp or cell provider? Not that it matters, since I am writing this while on my cell provider and on my laptop connected to my isp.
BetaUser3000
Guide
Guide
It is 1:48am pacific, still getting "We're sorry. Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later". I am using an Android 7.0 phone on Verizon Wireless, Arlo version 2.5.1_21471. Nothing wrong with Verizon wireless, I can use all of my other internet-connected apps.
ic210
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to login.
Bahog_Beeko
Star
Star
I have had an issue on updating a wired camera's firmware before, since Comcast's servers were unable to resolve Arlo's DNS. The thing that I did back then was to use Google DNS (temporarily) on my WiFi gateway. It did somehow alleviate the issue for me.

I might try it once again later.
Iluvfutball
Initiate
Initiate
ISP is Spectrum Mobile carrier is Sprint.
ascraig31
Initiate
Initiate
Dear Arlo team,

It seems like the moment you said all systems are go with the login issue, I haven't been able to log into my account on my android device. I've tried closing and resting app to no avail. Any chance that this previous issue is still a problem for some? Been doing a lot of traveling over the holiday weekend.. So kinda need it a lot right now.
BetaUser3000
Guide
Guide
It's almost 2am pacific, I am going to sleep. Hopefully when I get up in 6 hours, this outage will be resolved by then. If not, then time to alert the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, MSNBC, LAPD, FBI, DEA, ICE, NSA and CIA.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Family,

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

-The Arlo Team

Bahog_Beeko
Star
Star
Thanks @Iluvfutball.

I'll post an update once I'll get home later.

cheers.
Dmiu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not resolved yet!
Holl2445
Star
Star
This is crap still have the problem. Get with it and update this app
Goldenberg68
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have problem with connection to server
Psv2363
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still having login issues in my end.. Is there still problems?
Bahog_Beeko
Star
Star
To anyone, who have access to their router's web settings page. Below are the steps I did before, when NETGEAR changed their update server settings and resulted to a DNS resolution failure on Comcast's end.

1. On a connected computer, I accessed my router.
2. I changed the default (Comcast) router DNS to Google's Public DNS servers (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4).
3. Saved the configuration.
4. Rebooted my router and the Arlo.
5. Waited roughly 1 minute before logging into Arlo and voila!!

I hope that this will also help with NETGEAR's issue now. If not, I will still understand as long as it gets fixed soon.

JacDang
Initiate
Initiate
There is something wrong with Arlo lately. I could not log in a few days ago , app stated that my password is wrong. Tried to change it but got a message said that my email is not on the database ????
All of sudden , things was back to normal yesterday , log in fine , no problems . Then today, can not log in when on the same wifi ( connectivity issue??) but on mobile data it works fine.
Bahog_Beeko
Star
Star
Have you considered restarting the home router and the Arlo after? If DawnM received an update stating that this issue has already fixed, there could be some delay on the effect of rolling out that update. Perhaps restarting the network is the easiest primary stuff to do, while we wait for the confirmation.
malfonso2065
Aspirant
Aspirant
We're sorry. Arlo currently unavailable. Please try again. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Have had far to many issues lately with these cameras.