Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
push notifications doesn’t work it lag
Vonbrenk
Initiate
Initiate
Unable to login. States sorry internet connectivity issues.
No problem surfing the web or being on community forum.
suesis50
Initiate
Initiate

Lately Arlo has been horrid.Since your last update thereave been numerous problems.I was thinking of upgrading to pro but snce the 4 camers and base station I have now are so bad I will never buy Arlo or suggest a friend purchase.You are wasting my money .

dfs9
Initiate
Initiate

I am using the iPhone app and I keep getting an error that there is an internet connection problem. I know that my internet is fine. Is the Arlo app having issues, did someone break into their system? They seem to be having security issues. 

drewstei
Initiate
Initiate
Please fix ASAP as we are using our Arlo cameras to help find our lost cat. He will only come out at night and we don't want to miss him.
Sleepbabysleep
Initiate
Initiate

RECEIVING INTERNAL ERROR WHEN TRYING TO VIEW LIBRARY VIDEOS....IT IS SAYING ARLO IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE...THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Dawn. I have one question that I have created this account to ask you. Here it is:

Why does Arlo elect to not ever update your dedicated support line (408-638-3750) with a recording about an active support issue with wide impact?

There is no mention on the wait messages or connection recording about this current login issues. There was no mention days ago during the Geofencing outage days ago. Lots of Netgear router tips though. I'm not going to follow your Twitter account to learn what is currently failing.

Thank you.  

ArloSB
Initiate
Initiate

What is taking so long to get the sign in issues resolved?  I am in the middle of an active break in with law enforcement on site!  I can’t access my cameras or the footage!  I need this fixed now!!!!

jrhancock
Guide
Guide
My Arlo had not been working correctly since the updates on the 15th! I've tried deleting everything a and reinstall with minimal success. Had anyone considered a class action lawsuit to recover money paid for these systems? Almost two weeks now without my cameras working properly causing stress and lost sleep.

I'm planning on contacting the better business bureau on Tuesday but would be very interested in joining a class action.
smilespergallon
Initiate
Initiate
Yep, won't log in and says internal error.
mike1031
Tutor
Tutor

Stuff like this happens on a weekly basis.  It's embarrassing that a company of your size has this many issues on a consistent basis.  People, like myself, use these cameras for monitoring and not being able to access the video is completely unacceptable.  If you can't offer a service that works properly, don't offer it all so that consumers can buy a product from a different company that actually works. 

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still not working! Not working properly for weeks as others have said. 

Naveronski
Initiate
Initiate

This is pretty sad.

Everything used to be great, then geofencing broke. Now that it's fixed, the whole system goes offline. Tonight, I'm getting notifications about my cameras going off, and can't view the video because your **bleep** is broken. Wow. Amazing company, and obviously something I'll recommend to other people.

Ilisa
Tutor
Tutor

In case it was forgotten by Netgear... You make BABY monitors now! This is a safety issue! There should be redundancies in place, or far more than current! It is completely unacceptable that I cannot access my baby monitor on such a frequent basis! I am beyond fusterated! 

WtfIsWrongNow
Initiate
Initiate
These are baby monitors and you cant keep them working properly? Are you serious?

Eventually a baby will die because your team cant get their **bleep** together. I just hope it's not my kid tonight.

Already regretted spending $200 on this before, really regretting it now that I cant even monitor my baby.
CJS99
Initiate
Initiate
I agree 100% traveling and can't check on my home. What good is a product when it is useless and I have 5 cameras.!!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Censorship test 2.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Censorship test 3.

The Arlo phone number for support is 408-638-3750.

Maryjh
Guide
Guide

We just bought our camera's about 2 weeks ago and have nothing but problems.  We have tried everything and I just found this site that tells me everyone is having problems.  Sometimes it doesn't record when I walk right in front of it!  Now it says "we're sorry, arlo is currently unavailable.  Try back later.  What???? 

DanNM
Star
Star

Ive been on all day but now the app says unavailable and the website read Not connected to the internet. I'm writhing this with the same computer. anybody know whats up? Thanks!

Salisbury
Initiate
Initiate

Yesss!!! this exactly!!! it is unacceptable that i cannot access my baby monitor so frequently lately, maybe you should put the baby montiors on a different server than your other cameras to try and keep the issues with your other products separate from the baby monitors... this is crazy with the amount of money you guys charge for your equipment and services!!! 

inivid
Initiate
Initiate
“Sorry; we are having trouble signing you in because of Internet connectivity issues. Do you want to try again?”

Olympia, WA

ZERO internet issues. Using my internet to post this. Pathetic.
Hurtpd
Aspirant
Aspirant

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Retired_Member your posts weren't censored, they were sent to the spam quarantine because they contained a phone number. We have had quite a few spammers posting fake support numbers lately. In order to protect you, our customers, any post that contains a number will automatically be sent to the spam quarantine until a moderator can review it and approve the post. I have released your posts that were in the spam queue.