Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their apps, or are losing connection to their apps. We are actively working on this issue. Please stay tuned for more information.arlo-app-phone.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
44 REPLIES 44
BakerAK
Guide
Guide
Started working again.
Arlouser2u
Aspirant
Aspirant
So many issues and now this. Im starting to think the enginering of the arlo wire free series was a mistake. I hope they get this together soon concernig all the issues they have been having. Ready to return everthing and just go back to a wired camera solution. Have a new battery on the way to try and resolve one out of a slew of issues im having. Netgear can you please give attention to your Arlo engineering, support, service and delivery before its to late?
Arlouser2u
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm.... ?????

csj78748
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased my Arlo system Saturday and haven't been able to access anything the past 12+ hours... Not on my android tablet or phone, not on Wi-Fi (Spectrum) or 4G phone data.(Verizon).  This is not what I expected from a $400 purchase.  

Acats
Initiate
Initiate

OK, It's been 3 days since Arlo was aware of the Login Issues.  Time to get it fixed or hire someone that knows what to do!!!!

CarolT
Initiate
Initiate

What is the status of this issue? I can not log into the app because it keeps saying that "Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in because of Internet connectivity issues. Do you want to try again?". I then tried to log in on the website, but I get the following error: 

This site can’t be reached

arlo.netgear.com’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

CameraMan168
Guide
Guide
Please let us know when this issue will be resolved. A whole slew of issues since a recent iOS Arlo app release on May 18. Now this problem. I havent been able yo use my $600 system at all. Fix please.
Libbyinc
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is ridiculous. We haven’t been able to access our recordings for 2 days now due to “internet connectivity issues.” Lights are green, nothing else affected. What’s up????
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you think about it for a second, you'll recognize the a DNS problem isn't a Netgear one - it's your ISP's. I strongly recommend NOT using the ISP's DNS servers but set your router to use the Google or OpenDNS ones.

Firelily1997
Tutor
Tutor

No response from the company yet to this post and the many attached complaints on this particular forum. My system worked again last night for maybe 15 minutes.  I saw that my indoor camera had a picture of me from my return home on the front, I came in and out seveal times.  When the app opened again there were no videos at all, even though I had a frozen shot of my entry.  Did someone hack our systems and videos are being rerouted from our cameras??  Right now my notifications keep going off on my iPhone as I cannot turn a camera off, yet it is recording something as it's windy.  If it's recording where are my videos?  I have to climb a ladder to get my camera down.  Plus IT'S for SECURITY and I must take them away?  I cannot even turn my cameras off as I have no control without the Apps and/or my computer allowing me to access Arlo.  So I am once again unable to use my Arlo today.  What is the explanation, why did it work for a minute, when will it work again is someone else receiving my video recordings and you are not telling us?  This is a crock.  Your "my arlo" link says "unable to go to page".  Searches on the internet for your site show arlo.netgear.com which page does not exist anywhere no matter how many different ways I try. I found a weird link somehow that opened a link from a 2015 forum post and yet cannot get that again today.   I don't understand why if I purchased a protection camera I must be a "twitter follower" to get help or ask a question or stay updated.  I don't want to follow twitter.  This is ridiculous. I am about to go to the Better Business and back to my purchase point for a refund, this is junk I am sick and tired of this mess. If I have to spend hours here trying to get a response I might as well spend my hours taking action to get my money back. Spending my life trying to make a system, I spent $1,000.00 getting put together, to run is insane.  Additionally, there is no support to actually contact. I attempted to contact with the direct contact and it  said "Error" and never gave me that icon again to attempt to contact directly.  We all just talk amongst ourselves. Twitter, Really? so the public knows a ton of our Arlo systems don't even work.  What in the heck!!!????? Huge company gets away with anything they want? Well I want my money back since no one has fixed my system in 3 days, won't answer and doesn't have a legitimate page or help contact.  You have a riduculous "you are a Novice now for commenting..."  Whoohooo.  I am not a child and did not spend Monopoly money on your product. How do you keep selling product if you can't get those of us who already own your product up and running and keep us up and running????? So many days have passed and you haven't discovered the problem?  Nothing more that "We are aware of App Login problems... follow us on Twitter and stay tuned..."  Seriously, no one finds this just ludicrous??? Just empty words saying nothing and telling me to go to another app "... "twitter"... sign up and follow along, with the game of fixing my expensive, yet disabled, protection cameras....see what happens next"...  This is NOT A GAME. I want a fix NOW and so does everyone else.  It's no support to any of us giving me this chat forum to try and find help, with others posting they need help and around and around we go. Further the stress and time of day spent trying to get nowhere is more than I need at this time.  You are going to have one heck of a product return or lawsuit if you refuse our returns for a product that your company cannot support enough to actually make work as designed. 

Firelily1997
Tutor
Tutor

The topic herein is "App Login Issues" without any explanation yet from Netgear.  A response that thousands of us suddenly need to use Google as an ISP/DNS server seems farfetched.  However, if it is true that thousands of us, who haven't been unable to use our systems for days, need to reroute our routers to a new ISP address, then I would want my money back.  I choose not to be out there on Google servers, we are allowed our preferences. I think it's crazy enough that I am suppose to be a twitter follower to stay tuned to fixes.  I just want a reliable security camera system, working, no headaches, no tweets with the ability to contact help or repair.  I can get help to repair just about anything, but so far, no help for this very expensive system I purchased.

HarasTaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also cannot connect from my Mac. Your website tells me that “I am offline”.
AZme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reset my password after receiving notice. Checked password and was able to get into my account. Now I can't login to my account or turn my system on from computer or Droid. I guess I need to just keep checking in? An alert was sent on password reset, how about notifications when the system goes down? Had the system for several months. This has been the first issue.

SassyScorpio
Aspirant
Aspirant

So have you resolved this login issue yet?? It is May 28, 2018, and I still cannot log in to see what is going on at my home 700 miles away!! -Sort of defeats the purposed of spending hundreds of dollars on 6 Arlo Cameras to "watch my house" while I am gone!!! So freaking disappointed... Have had so many problems with these stupid cameras since I bought them.   I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!  I could've put a loaf of bread in 6 places around my house and they would do more than these stupid USELESS cameras are doing!!!!

Joejo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well thats not an answer. When is the problem going to be resolved? It is now 5/28 and still not working!

DEP
Tutor
Tutor
My latest problem: I receive an alert on my iPhone 6, so I open the Arlo app to see what triggered my camera. First, the app (Version 2.5.1) is much slower than previous versions. After I can finally view my camera, it stops recording as soon as I view what’s going on. This is a big problem for me. What happens if I view the camera just in time to see someone stealing a package from my porch, but it doesn’t record the theft?
patricerobertso
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long will this take.  We rely on the voice transmission as well as the notifications for business as well as home.  We have been supportive and recommended the product/service but that will change if this is not corrected soon.  You asked for the update and change of password and now we have the issues.

emcc487
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system initially returned to almost normal.  My cameras all worked, but I had to continue logging in each time that I was going to use the App.  However, today's App update took care of that situation and my system is now working without any inconveniences or problems  .

DGarrettCCM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Things seem to be slowly improving. However, our cameras are still inconsistant in saving videos to my Library. I  get Push messages via my App as I walk in front of my cameras, but when I go to my Library (via App or via Chrome at my desktop) there is not always an associated video file.

What is the most effective way to reach someone for Tech Support? This forum has not been helpful in solving problems.

emcc487
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't get any tech assistance from Netgear other than a suggestion about changing the password and re-installing the app.  The information put out by Netgear in relation to this problem has not been what one would expect, at least, what I expected.  I expected that Netgear would have in a timely manner briefed us on the problem, and thereafter kept us advised as to what was being done and when the situation was expected to be corrected.  But, that didn't happen ...  I am now back to normal (I hope), and hope that I won't have to go through this type of situation again.      

Related Labels
Discussion stats