Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their apps, or are losing connection to their apps. We are actively working on this issue. Please stay tuned for more information.arlo-app-phone.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
44 REPLIES 44
Ammelo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well that explains it. Came here looking for answers and found this. Thanks
DGarrettCCM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my Arlo Pro cameras for a little more than a month. I've been having problems all week. Push alerts, but no recording. Even interacting with the Support page has been dodgey. We should be receiving push alerts and/or emails any time the system glitches.

Mneely
Aspirant
Aspirant
The only problem I am having is the APP pushing notifications. It is turned on in my phone settings and I have the latest update. This just happened today. I am assuming it is related to the APP issue you are referring to??
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Mneely Can you please provide the following information so we can better assist you:

What os are you using? (iOS/Android) and what version?

What version of the app are you running?

Are you not receiving push notifications when your camera detects audio/motion and records video?

Have you confirmed your rules are set to send push notifications?

Susanmay1967
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having to put my password in on my app every time I want to see what’s going on. I used to get alerts and now I can’t get any because as soon as my phone light goes out I get kicked off arlo app. Does me no good if something is happening at home unless I put password in phone on and leave app open and staring at it. Is this a problem your fixing? Absolutely useless at this point.. So if my phone is not in use I’m kicked off Arlo app. What is going on here?
ZiggyUK
Guide
Guide

any update on this.  the app continually flashes my mobile (sony Xperia Android) screen on/off until I force it to stop.  I need to access my equipment

DEP
Tutor
Tutor
My Base station has been offline since updating to app version 2.5.1 three days ago!!! The same thing happened after updating to version 2.5.0. I’m using an IPhone 6. My bade staion has an amber led beneath the camera. When I log onto the iPhone arlo app I get a base station offline message. When I log in on my computer I can view the cameras for 5-10 minutes, then I get a base station offline message. My cameras are not recording. I am not getting ANY alerts! Why are there so many problems happening lately? Do you guys do ANY testing before releasing updates????? I need my cameras working!
Titanic11969
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot log into app. It just flashes when opened then goes back to home screen. iPhone 10x newest updates Arlo 4 camera pack

ipad works fine

help?

ken

emcc487
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my system online for about a year and it has always worked great.  A couple of days ago I did an update on the App and now every time I attempt to use the system I get the following notification:  "The username or password is incorrect."  I enter my password and I get into and use the system without any problem.  However, the next time I attempt to use the system I get the same notification.  At first I though this was just a "glitch," but it's getting old to have to log in every time I want to access the system.    As I said, the problem seems to have started after I updated the App about two (2) days ago.

debbierzito
Initiate
Initiate
Thats wonderful , but what is being done about it. We have 5 cameras and cant view any. 😡
DEP
Tutor
Tutor
Update*** I did a factory reset on my base station and resynced all my cameras. Everything seems to be working (... for now). When I bought my arlo system I loved it, but lately I’m just wondering when the system will go down again and for how long.... 😕
jakeawhite
Initiate
Initiate
I still cannot open the app on my iPhone X. It immediately crashes every time. When can we expect a resolution? We are out of town for the weekend and I cannot monitor my home. This is ridiculous! It’s been over a day now.
hawkeye-bbach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got problems with the app in different matters. Sometimes if I push the „live“ button nothing happens.Only 3 of nine cameras work! ( ipad) with my phone there is no problem.Both attempts are having problems to end - the acoustic connection remains when all is closed.Instability of camera connection , interruption of acoustic and optical connection is often. in summary the system runs bad about weeks now.- for your information the wifi connection is stable on a constant good level.

Garcia364
Aspirant
Aspirant
This sucks! Set up the new cameras yesterday and still an app issue on my iPhone X. No one from Arlo communicating with their customers. Typical garbage!
PattiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any resolution?  2 days now without being able to access my cameras via the app.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

To resolve the issue of being prompted for a password each time you login to the app, follow these steps:

1. Log into the Arlo app and change your password.
  2. Explicitly log out of the Arlo app.
  3. Uninstall and re-install the Arlo app.
  4. Enter your login credentials and sign on.

This should resolve the issue of being prompted for a password each time. 

For those of you that are experiencing the iOS Arlo app flashing black or black/white and crashing, if you are using FaceID, there is a known issue with this feature causing apps to crash. We are working towards a fix, but for now disabling this feature should allow the Arlo app to function as expected.

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

Garcia364
Aspirant
Aspirant
The 2nd half of your reply was exactly I was looking for. It worked! Your support staff over the phone may want to have knowledge of that to let people know...
PattiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not using face id for Arlo so I still have the issue.  😕  Or should I turn off face id completely?

Garcia364
Aspirant
Aspirant
Delete and re install. When the prompt comes up for “Touch ID” click SKIP THIS STEP.
Markbruce44
Initiate
Initiate

Any idea when this will be fixed? 

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @PattiP - try turning it off completely and let me know if that resolves your issue. You can also try explicitly logging out, uninstalling and re-installing the app. This has worked for some. 

PattiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @Garcia364.  It worked!

BakerAK
Guide
Guide
Unable to log I. To Arlo app on IPhone. Says internet connection issue. Rebooted base station, reset router, uninstalled app and reinstalled. Still unable to connect to account.
Firelily1997
Tutor
Tutor

My problem logging into my apps on iPhone and iPad started yesterday.  I see you say you know there is a problem, as of 2 days ago, which took me over an hour to find. I am assuming, as your description is vague, you are discussing the problem I am having.  My Arlo base is online (connected) yet my iPhone and iPad apps say “sorry...no connectivity...try again?...” I cannot see anything my cameras are doing, shut them off, monitor my home or even see if they are actually working.  I attempted to go to the “My Arlo” tab on my desk top computer and it shows “this page cannot be displayed...Make sure Arlo.netgear.com is the correct address..”. So something is wrong with the tab link there too.  Anyway, your help site says ‘stay tuned”.  Well it has been two days, there is no more Information provided.  It is very hard to get help from your site or company. I have one camera I can’t even use as it will never connect with the base after two months use. I didn’t get a camera system for fun I want to monitor my home. ‘Staying Tuned’ hardly seems like a fair response for all the money I spent buying and geek installing this system. I would like to know “When will there be a fix to this problem?”  As this problem makes the entire system useless.

Related Labels
Discussion stats