Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

determining video labels

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Not a complaint but how ever Arlo determines how to label a video has got to make you say WTF.  However I guess if it's used to determine how your notifications get sent it could matter.  Three triggers on 3 different cameras about 2 mins apart.  One says person, one says motion and one says animal.  All of them were a yellow jacket buzzing the cam.  Is one right out of three a good thing.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The SMART uses AI to make a decision as to the trigger....

and sometimes it's just wrong.

You can donate your vids ( bottom of screen ) to Arlo to help it get better.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

That's not reassuring in this day and age. A app on my phone can take a pic of a weed, a tree, a plant or flower and with a click tell me what it is.  Yes it's using a data base but the point would be that if Arlo can not tell the difference between a person and a bee, it is not one of the most advanced systems out there.  From what your saying one could assume that a person might be kicking in my from door and Arlo may determine it's motion and not send a notification.  That is not what I would expect from a top of the line system.  For what I paid for my Arlo I could have purchased 3 systems and had 24 cameras surrounding my house but the money is spent and I'm stuck with it.