Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Will I be able to have 5 cameras on 1 hub and have 3 on smart plan and 2 other record locally only?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

I plan on subscribing to the 5 camera plan. I actually have 10 cameras. Will I be able to for example have 5 cameras on 1 hub and have 3 of those in the smart plan and the other 2 record locally only. I would have another hub with 5 cameras and 2 would be in the smart plan and 3 local only. Is this scenario possible. Thanks

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Thhis sounds like it would work although it would help to know what model the cameras are. Anything from the Pro 2 and older still have the free 7 day plan while anything newer requires a subscription for cloud recording. You can certainly mix and match - I have some Pro and Pro 2 cameras on the free plan as well as a subscription for newer ones. This is especially true if you don't need/want Smart for all cameras (if you do want Smart for some older ones you will need a sub for them).

In addition, any camera connected to a base or hub will record to local storage. You can't pick and choose on that - all of them will record locally. 

The only thing I would point out is the particular base used - the VMB4000 and 4500 require that local storage must be safely ejected from the base to view local recordings on a computer. Any base or hub starting with the the VMB4540 allows you to use the app to see the local recordings.

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for helping out, my cameras are a mixture of Pro 3’s and Ultra 4k’s.  From what you’re saying it seems like what I’m planning should work fine.  My hubs are 4540 and 5000.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation