Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What would encourage me to upgrade to Arlo Smart

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kevin_In_Ky
Tutor
Tutor

I keep getting requests to upgrade to Arlo smart.   I'd be more likely to do that if Arlo would fix two problems with their products.

1)  Eliminate Adobe Flash from web app

2)  Improve speed that camera live view starts up

Until those two items are addressed I don't plan to pay any money for Arlo Smart.

1 REPLY 1
ElliSS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can just agree. I was an early adaptor of Arlo Ultra and now my free 1 year trial ended some weeks ago. This is my 3rd Arlo system and I'm super happy with the other 2. Have sold in many Arlo systems to friends and family. BUT Ultra - with all technical issues the last year it feels like I have paid a lot of money for a beta product not ready to launch. On top of that the slap in the face comes when the free trial plan ends. I pay a lot for ultra hardware, then you want me to pay a lot in subscription every month - for what customer value? The PRO systems does exactly the same job?? And as is now the PRO systems and earlier Arlo versions are much more stable products. Why would I wanna pay a monthly fee for something giving me exactly the same functions as Arlo Pro but I have bought it for a lot more money? It is not realistic guys. The animal/human/package detection does not work in 99% of the cases so that is not giving me any value. I feel really disappointed to have spent so much money on the ultra system and I don't even have the opportunity to record from the cameras without signing up for your crazy monthly prices. I'm not gonna sign up like price plan is right now. You charge far above customer value and especially for such an unstable product. Re-think, re-consider what the value adding features are for us customers, will we be willing to pay that price? NOT as is today. Money is not a problems since I bought this system in a blink of an eye trusting you guys, but the monthly fee for the smart plan is really priced faaar above the customer value it brings. You cannot charge for functionality working "sometimes". You have to start small and cheap with the stable functions you have and then scale up. When you have developed your digital services portfolio with lots of functionality and well working services you might look at the price range you are aiming for now. @Arlo-Greg re-think, re-do and work with the customer values you bring us.