Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What Free Trial?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
What is going on now???
All five of my cameras, if I open the settings page, have a big banner which says:
“3 month trial active”
What is this???
Which trial? Did I request a 3 month free trial? No! What is the trial of? I’m so confused.

Maybe it’s the free trial of the activity zones still not working and the Smart Notifications also not working again. That must be what it is. How sad!!!
Can anyone explain?
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What cameras do you have? Anything newer than the Pro 2 require subscriptions so get a 3 month trial when first installed.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
They are all Pro 2’s. They have been up for a year so it’s not an issue of a new installation. And I am running a paid subscription already.
Funny thing is those banners have gone away again.
Why do I have a sinking feeling that there is a mix up coming with my plan any day now.
Hey, maybe that’s why all of my paid features don’t work again!
(A bit of sarcasm there 😜)
dcfox1
Master
Master

My activity zones (for the most part) and smart notifications  have been working fine since the updates. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Must be nice!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear that you have a "legacy" plan which may be the root of your issue. The introduction of the new plans has caused many issues with folks still on the older plans. You may need to unsubscribe to the existing plan(s) and get the new ones to resolve this.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I did that several weeks ago when they told me they fixed the Activity Zone problem. (Which is still not working correctly.)
No legacy plan here.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It’s back again. Any Arlo people reading this have any idea why it says 

“3 month trial active”  when I open any of the settings pages on all my cameras?

I am not on any trial that I know of, unless it’s Arlo way of covering my costs for all the on going issues I’m having! Three free months would almost be appropriate.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Reallyconfused

Is it possible to provide a screenshot of when this banner appears?

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
It’s in my last post. Look above your post
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
.....and the banner is gone again! I would love to know what is going on.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I just noticed it when viewing Arlo's settings in my iPhone 6+ (iOS v12.4.8), but I didn't see it on my web browser (http://my.arlo.com) on my decade old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC. Is it a new bug?

Or did Arlo force this? I hope it wasn't an accident from user error because I don't want to pay after its n trial ends if it is forced. I didn't see this last night when changing settings too. I do not see any different? This was with both Pro 2 and original models. Is Arlo forcing free users to subscribe now? 😞

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂