Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Need definitive confirmation on activity zones with Arlo SMART.

As I understand, Activity Zones can be enabled 1 of 2 ways. 

1.) Have any camera set-up to direct AC power (no SMART subscription required)

2.) If camera is NOT set-up to direct AC power, but cameras are on a SMART subscription, Activity Zones are enabled (or a form of them, but work the same way). 

I have 9 cameras, I AM A PREMIER subscriber, only 1 camera has AC power. I am CONSTANTLY getting notifications for activity outside my Activity Zones (when zones are set up), which is infuriating to me, as, as I understand it, the cameras do not need to be connected to AC power to use activity zones, if you're a paid subscriber. 

Can I get definitive confirmation on this, please.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Nanookie,

If you're getting motion detection alerts outside of your activity zones, try to delete the activity zones and re-create them to see if that helps.

chetankhatri1
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I delete activity zones. I am having the same problem on my arlo pro, insane how this doesn't work as expected
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chetankhatri1 wrote:
How do I delete activity zones. 

In the web client (my.arlo.com), you select the zone and then delete it.

In the app, you select the zone, and then swipe left (on the zone setting, not the camera view).  That will delete the zone.  If you just swipe a bit left, you see the delete text.

ipsarum2
Tutor
Tutor
I have tried every solution mentioned in the threads, but the recording of activity outside the set activity zones consists.

Much attention has been given to newer cameras concerning this problem. Either the activity zone feature is flawed or the base stations/firmware is flawed. Please provide a permanent fix for the issue ASAP.

I can understand charging a support charge for equipment problems, but charging a fee for something (tech support) Arlo Smart, which is paid for on a monthly basis, is just wrong.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ipsarum2 wrote:
but charging a fee for something (tech support) Arlo Smart, which is paid for on a monthly basis, is just wrong.

Support is included with any subscription, so they wouldn't charge.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ipsarum2
Tutor
Tutor
I attempted to seek help from customer support and was required to add payment information to reach tech support from a human.
ipsarum2
Tutor
Tutor
I attempted to seek help from customer support and was required to add payment information to reach tech support from a human. The video and photo shows that the activity zones I created were ignored. The site will not allow me upload the Arlo video nor the screenshot I downloaded. In the video, there was a car that could be seen passing by in the top most corner of the frame. The motion was well outside the set activity zones shown in the photo.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ipsarum2 wrote:
I attempted to seek help from customer support and was required to add payment information to reach tech support 

Did they actually charge your payment card?  They should't have.

@ipsarum2 wrote:
The video and photo shows that the activity zones I created were ignored.  In the video, there was a car that could be seen passing by in the top most corner of the frame. The motion was well outside the set activity zones shown in the photo.

I don't doubt that.  I'm seeing similar behavior with my video doorbell.  Getting more cases submitted on these issues should increase the priority of the needed bug fixes.

@ipsarum2 wrote:
The site will not allow me upload the Arlo video nor the screenshot I downloaded. 

It should let you attach jpg or png screenshots.  Not sure if there is a size limit - if there is, I've never hit it.

It won't allow mp4 attachments.  You can share directly from the arlo library, but that expires quickly (24 hours).  You can also post links to other cloud storage (youtube, dropbox, google drive, etc).