Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Blacktip75
Guide
Guide

I tried to get a subscription today, first attempt failed as all major credit cards means no AMEX apparently. For my second attempt I got a mastercard and now that is also not working throwing an error: "aria_directpost_error_1001" on the Confirm payment step.

I'm trying to buy 2 single camera subscriptions as I ran out of free trial.

Perhaps a tip for your product team (won't fix my issue right now but still) If you are not able to develop normal payment options I would suggest outsourcing this to an external vendor, also prevents you from having to implement a major part of PCI compliance measures.

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Blacktip75,

I tried to reach out to you via private message but it looks like you have disabled with anyone sending you a private message. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Blacktip75
Guide
Guide

Hi Jessica,

I managed to resolve the problem by removing modern security implementations by Chrome and the general internet community. Cross Site cookies are now generally banned by default but your payment still seems to need it (in an not so secure method). Workaround was to use safari on my phone with cross site cookies allowed for just that session.

I recommend you ask the developers to have a look at the samesite changes from February last year and start from there. Still best would be to have your payment built by someone who does that professionally rather than relying on the current solution.

TraciVA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried everything I can think of to update my payment information so I can sign up for a subscription and it still won't work. I never would have purchased all of these Arlo cameras if I'd known their subscription service doesn't work. I guess I need to go back through and update my reviews of these cameras because they are useless without a subscription.

EFR00116
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue on my side with chrome and Kaspersky total security 

Unable to subscribe, ARIA 1001 error

C42V
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in France and I have exactly the same issue.

I tried on several devices (PC, MAC, iPad) and several browsers (Chrome, firefox, Safari) and with a VISA and AMEX cards ... same error message: "aria_directpost_error_1001" since I opened my ticket.

In my case it was to update my profil as I changed myVISA .... so before it worked ... what Arlo changed ?

I someone have an answer from Arlo support to help me about this issue .... I would appreciate it.

EFR00116
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in France and I used the following workaround with Kaspersky Total security still active:

• Download Firefox for PC
  • Change (French language): ‘Vie privé et Securité’  parameters (temporary, only Arlo for subscription=
    • Choose: ‘Personnalisée’
    • Disable: First two parameters: ‘Cookies’  and ‘Contenu utilisé pour le pistage’
  • Connect to Web Site My.arlo.com. Be careful,  MyArlo.com is a fake site to steal your password.

Now I was able to subscribe. Finally...

The problem is: Arlo product team is not using modern security implementations agrees by the global internet community. (Cross-Site cookies are now generally banned). It’s why you cannot subscribe either by IOS or Chrome.