Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription stopped, no more recordings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lalatina00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where’s the number for Customer Service? I bought the arlo wired AVD1001 3 months ago. Now the subscription ended. I have Arlo cameras everything was working fine but since the subscription has stopped. No more recordings to iCloud. It was my understanding that if I had a HUB, subscription was not needed for the doorbell otherwise I would not iof bought it. So, I’m looking at subscriptions but it’s giving me subscriptions for cameras as well. I don’t want that, only for doorbell. 1. Do I need subscription if I have the HUB, 2, if so, can I only get it only for the doorbell not the cameras?
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lalatina00 wrote:
1. Do I need subscription if I have the HUB

It depends on what hub you have.  If you have a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000), you can enable direct access to local storage in the app.  The has quite a few limitations:

• access only in the app (not the browser)
  • access only for the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • no thumbnails
  • no ability to make manual recordings or snapshots
  • remote access requires router settings that some find difficult (and which don't work on some networks).

The subscription also gives you activity zones, which can be useful with the doorbell.

If you have a different hub, then the hub will save local recordings, but you need to remove the usb stick and plug it into a PC to view them.

@Lalatina00 wrote:
if so, can I only get it only for the doorbell not the cameras?

Yes, you can get a single camera subscription for the doorbell.

Lalatina00
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need to speak to a rep, this is so frustrating. I don’t have a usb. I didn’t have a problem until the 90 day trial expired. I need to talk to a live person
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lalatina00 wrote:
I didn’t have a problem until the 90 day trial expired.

Correct.  That's because your cloud storage for the new camera requires a subscription.  The 7-day cloud storage is a feature of the older cameras, not the base.

@Lalatina00 wrote:
 I need to speak to a rep, this is so frustrating.

I think all they would do is confirm what I've already told you.

I'm tagging the mods for you (who do work for Arlo).  @JamesC and @ShayneS 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lalatina90,

What StephenB has mentioned above is correct. An active trial or Arlo Secure subscription is required for recordings to be saved to the library. You can find more information on this here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC